Open source timing software. - Page 38
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Open source timing software.

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
    24h

Re: Open source timing software.

Equalizer APO with Peace plug-in high pass filter seemed to improve the sound tremendously!
    Audio: https://clyp.it/ke0zxt03

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Quote Originally Posted by linux.author View Post
    tks for the OS X install - i just upgraded to High Sierra and basically:

1. uninstalled brew
    2. installed brew
    3. installed:
    'brew install dmnc/horology/tg'

and now i'm back up with tg-timer!

tks!

works great and is a fabulous tool - most appreciated!
    Did you do any changes in your mac other than switching to an external microphone as the input? I've tried using both a piezo mic and a Røde M3 mic and I can't get any readings in TG at all... I'm using a Steinberg UR22 connected to my mac and it seems that both mics are connecting and is giving audio (I can record the ticking fine in Logic), but nothing happens in TG timer. I've already calibrated with a quartz watch from the internal mic, but the program just won't pick up anything with external mics.

TIA

24h

Quote Originally Posted by reddisc1 View Post
    Did you do any changes in your mac other than switching to an external microphone as the input? I've tried using both a piezo mic and a Røde M3 mic and I can't get any readings in TG at all... I'm using a Steinberg UR22 connected to my mac and it seems that both mics are connecting and is giving audio (I can record the ticking fine in Logic), but nothing happens in TG timer. I've already calibrated with a quartz watch from the internal mic, but the program just won't pick up anything with external mics.

TIA
    I'm nowhere near an expert in this area, but I've been playing around A LOT lately with various timing applications.
    Do you have a recording of the audio that your mics are picking up?

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive
    This works well on my Surface Pro 4 using the stock mic on the back of the device.

Quote Originally Posted by reddisc1 View Post

TIA
    i use a Logitech C270 webcam at the mic input - plug into the USB port, adjust settings (Apple->System Preferences->Sound->Input tab)... tg-timer should use the default sound input according to system prefs

btw, tg-timer continues working just fine under OS X 10.13.5

hth,

willie
    on the Gulf of Mexico
    oso2276 likes this.

I am having problems getting the program up and running properly. I am on Fedora 27. I used git to download the source and compiled it with no problems. I can run the "tg-timer" which seems to work fine with a logitech webcam microphone -- I have no problems picking up data from any of my mechanical watches using the logitech webcam.

Name:  Screenshot_20180711_020801.png
Views: 383
Size:  81.6 KB

My problem is that I cannot get the software to calibrate.

I am attempting to calibrate by placing the webcam mic on one of my quartz watches. When I attempt to calibrate by checking the "calibrate" box in the upper right menu. the software responds by displaying the red clock and the "cal (wait) 0%" comments. Occasionally (rarely) the clock will turn green for a moment and the dialog will report "cal (acq) 0%" but then immediately goes back to "cal (wait 0%)" and nothing else ever happens. The calibration procedure is never completed.

Unfortunately, the "documentation" in the earlier post doesn't really explain what is supposed to be happening or what these cryptic comments mean, or how to troubleshoot if the system fails. That lack of disclosure makes it impossible to debug the failed calibration procedure.

by any chance is there a debug mode in which additional status information is displayed? or additional documentation somewhere that better explains the calibration procedure?

thanks.

24h

Quote Originally Posted by coralnut View Post
    My problem is that I cannot get the software to calibrate.

I am attempting to calibrate by placing the webcam mic on one of my quartz watches. When I attempt to calibrate by checking the "calibrate" box in the upper right menu. the software responds by displaying the red clock and the "cal (wait) 0%" comments. Occasionally (rarely) the clock will turn green for a moment and the dialog will report "cal (acq) 0%" but then immediately goes back to "cal (wait 0%)" and nothing else ever happens. The calibration procedure is never completed.

Unfortunately, the "documentation" in the earlier post doesn't really explain what is supposed to be happening or what these cryptic comments mean, or how to troubleshoot if the system fails. That lack of disclosure makes it impossible to debug the failed calibration procedure.

by any chance is there a debug mode in which additional status information is displayed? or additional documentation somewhere that better explains the calibration procedure?

thanks.
    Can you get the software to determine the rate of your quartz watch?
    Maybe the audio signal isn't ideal and the software is having issues differentiating the "ticks".

Quote Originally Posted by 24h View Post
    Can you get the software to determine the rate of your quartz watch?
    No.

I have tried a few different quartz watches, all with the same result -- the calibration procedure does not complete and no intelligible error codes are issued. All that I see is a red clock face icon (which I assume is bad because it is red), an occasional green clock face icon (which I assume is supposed to indicate something good, but I'm not sure what), along with some animated stacked squares next to the clock face (who's meaning is undefined), and a progress meter that stays on 0%.

Maybe the audio signal isn't ideal and the software is having issues differentiating the "ticks".
    I'm reluctant to make assumptions, but perhaps the problem is that the mic isn't picking up the quartz watch ticks. To eliminate that possibility I have tried several different quartz watches, none of which seem to work. All the mechanical watches seem to work fine.

I'm not quite sure what the calibration procedure is supposed to accomplish. It's not clearly explained anywhere. The result displayed in the calibration box is a dimensionless number. Should we assume that sample 0.8 number is a rate that is expressed in units of seconds/day?

I reckon your mic signal isn't high enough. Calibration can take some time, like 15 mins, but it usually does it continuously in my experience - there may be some small breaks in 'transmission'. The green squares indicate signal strength I believe, and when working well all four will be displayed (same when using the program after you've set it up).

Quote Originally Posted by coralnut View Post

by any chance is there a debug mode in which additional status information is displayed?
    Hi, thanks a lot for your post.

There is a debug version which puts a lot of even more cryptic stuff on stdout and draws mysterious graphs. You have to run "make tg-timer-dbg" instead of "make tg-timer".

Perhaps, I can try to debug this issue. Could you record a minute or so of your favorite quartz watch and send it to me?
    Last edited by contrate_wheel; July 15th, 2018 at 20:01. Reason: clicked submit accidentally

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread Information