Open source timing software. - Page 42
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Open source timing software.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Re: Open source timing software.

alas, although 0.4.0 and 0.5.0 both build under the latest Raspbian Buster distro on the Raspberry Pi, the code fails with errors in sound values during calls to ALSA libraries and code... i have been unable to effect a fix...

fortunately i still have an RPi with Raspbian Jessie installed - both 0.4.0 and 0.5.0 run fine on that distro version... i'll just keep backups until the issue can be sorted...

it would be great if tg-timer could get into the Raspbian repositories...

willie
    on the Gulf of Mexico

i will keep working on the issue, but frankly, don't have that deep-level expertise - i did get successful builds, which makes this frustrating...

I have just started to use this great program, and thank you for that OP! I am trying to figure out the best way to use it. I read about calibration and a bit about the sound cards but it is unclear, at least to me. I actually don't have any quartz watches so maybe there is another way? Below is what I'm running. Any help would be appreciated.

* Acer Desktop PC (unsure of the model)
    * Intel Core i5-4590 CPU 3.3GHz
    * 8 GB RAM
    * Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS
    * Build in sound card
    * Realtek Audio (soundcard?, software?, I don't know)
    * Steelseries Headset
    * Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 (current default)

When I launch the program, it struggles to provide readings. If I hold the watch against the camera firmly, it reads for a few seconds but then jumps all over the place. When I leave it alone, sometimes it gives expected results but only briefly. The rest of the time everything is off the charts. To me, it looks like it's not able to pick up a steady stream of sound but I don't know. I have tried with both microphones with approximately the same results.

I do have a Witschi knock-off timegrapher that I use to regulate movements but I would love to switch to this system! Thank you again OP and WUS contributors!
    I Don't Have Too Many Watches....I Don't Have Enough Wrists

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry double post
    Last edited by GratisShark; 1 Week Ago at 22:43. Reason: Double Post

GratisShark
    have a look, if you can raise/adjust the input level of your microphone with Realtek Audio avoiding excessive hum at the same time prior to calibration. Give it a try with and without noise reduction and echo repression. For my setup both deactivated works best.

Re the availability of a quartz watch: next weekend is comming soon. Go out and ask somone "vintage enough" wearing a quartz watch instead of some smart gear, if - presumably she - is willing to give you a hand calibrating.
    Be aware: a brandnew original Witschi might turn out less expensive over time

Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Tickalot View Post
    GratisShark
    have a look, if you can raise/adjust the input level of your microphone with Realtek Audio avoiding excessive hum at the same time prior to calibration. Give it a try with and without noise reduction and echo repression. For my setup both deactivated works best.

Re the availability of a quartz watch: next weekend is comming soon. Go out and ask somone "vintage enough" wearing a quartz watch instead of some smart gear, if - presumably she - is willing to give you a hand calibrating.

Klaus
    Thank you for the suggestions Klaus Tickalot! I will try to play with the microphone settings. Maybe I'm missing something on your last sentence but what do you mean by a Witschi being less expensive over time? I have been contemplating buying one but the price has kept me from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Tickalot View Post
    GratisShark

Klaus
    Thank you for the suggestions Klaus Tickalot! I will try to play with the microphone settings. Maybe I'm missing something on your last sentence but what do you mean by a Witschi being less expensive over time? I have been contemplating buying one but the price has kept me from doing so.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Thread Information