Replacing a fixed bezel insert on a Seiko Sportura GMT Kinetic (SUN015P1) - Howto needed -

Thread: Replacing a fixed bezel insert on a Seiko Sportura GMT Kinetic (SUN015P1) - Howto needed -

Replacing a fixed bezel insert on a Seiko Sportura GMT Kinetic (SUN015P1) - Howto needed -

Hi,

I have a Seiko SUN015P1 with a fixed bezel. I'd like to remove the scratched black factory bezel and insert a stainless factory bezel (from the white faced version).

Not sure how to do this. There are a lot of videos on the SKX007 type of bezel and I have done those..this one seems very different and I am worried about damaging things if I just "try".....has anyone done this? The scratches are near the "4" and the change will make it a bit more like a Rolex Explorer II stylistically....one of my favorite watches of all time. It is very different overall....this is just a "look" change for me. I inquired of Seiko's support and they won't change the bezel to anything but another black one based on their policy. Nice email back, rapid, but rules are rules. So, anyone know "how"?

Watch:

Name:  sun015p1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  110.4 KB

Insert I want to use:

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  246.0 KB

Thanks.

Jeff

Re: Replacing a fixed bezel insert on a Seiko Sportura GMT Kinetic (SUN015P1) - Howto needed -

Hello,

Do you have any watchmaking experience ? Tools ?
    Are you able to distinguish if both the glass and bezel have to be removed as a whole ?

Do you see a small recess somewhere between the bezel and the case ?

JAA

Re: Replacing a fixed bezel insert on a Seiko Sportura GMT Kinetic (SUN015P1) - Howto needed -

Most likely you would need to pry it off with a sharp knife. Many who tried on Seiko divers have reported the knife being too thick, dull, or flimsy to do this correctly. I personally use a Swiss Army knife and very slowly to wiggle the blade into the narrow gap without using too much force. Otherwise you might scratch up the watch or cut your hand; you can use a piece of plastic to protect the watch case. Install with a crystal press.

(diagram from https://www.seikoserviceusa.com/uplo...cing_Guide.pdf )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by JAA; 1 Week Ago at 21:23.

Thread Information