Seastar bezel stuck

Thread: Seastar bezel stuck

Seastar bezel stuck

Hi

The bezel of my Tissot Seastar 1000 is stuck. It worked when I received it, became increasingly difficult to turn, and is now impossible to budge.

I will never actually use the bezel, but it bothers me to have this problem.

I have not tried anything as of yet to loosen it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to something I can do, or should I just take it to a repair shop. (I have zero watch repair skills....ie. something I can do means holding it under warm water and trying to turn it etc.)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Greg

Banned

Re: Seastar bezel stuck

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Hi

The bezel of my Tissot Seastar 1000 is stuck. It worked when I received it, became increasingly difficult to turn, and is now impossible to budge.

I will never actually use the bezel, but it bothers me to have this problem.

I have not tried anything as of yet to loosen it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to something I can do, or should I just take it to a repair shop. (I have zero watch repair skills....ie. something I can do means holding it under warm water and trying to turn it etc.)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Greg
    Yes, try holding it under warm running water and maybe a touch of dish washing liquid. If this frees it up, then the problem is simply a dried out rubber gasket.

I assume the Sea Star has a WR rating so it should stay water tight with a little trip under the tap.

Banned

Since it is a 60 click, mine was always a bit notchy, but the warm water trick should work. I'm not sure I would use the dish soap though. After using warm water, just remember to give it a turn here and there or it could seize again.

Don't quote me on the warm water trick as I've never had to do it. Every diver watch I've ever owned has had the bezel used very regularly by me. The only one that ever stuck was my Omega SMP and it never got easier. Such a deal breaker because I was always using the bezel in the water or with sweaty hands. It is near impossible to rotate in that situation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for your responses. The water trick worked perfectly. The seastar has made its way back into the rotation now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Thanks for your responses. The water trick worked perfectly. The seastar has made its way back into the rotation now.
    Cool!

You're good to go.
    As Torrid suggests; keep moving it periodically and if it does get sluggish, give it the water treatment

Glad it worked out and you're a happy camper

Thread Information