Winding stem position for removal for eta 2836-2

Thread: Winding stem position for removal for eta 2836-2

Winding stem position for removal for eta 2836-2

Hi WUS members,
    I have searched WUS & some other sites to obtain information about removing and reinserting the winding stem for an eta 2836-2 movement.
    Mostly enthusiasts have documented the necessity for using the correct size screw driver to depress the button just far enough in the hole that resides in the centre of a recessed slot.
    However, there is not the same accordance when it comes to the position of the winding stem. Some say it should be in the winding position and the release button only needs to be pressed for withdrawing the stem, but not when reinserting.
    Others have documented the winding stem should be all the way out in the hand setting position and there is the half way view i.e. the stem should be in the date setting position before the stem is taken out.
    I would be interested in hearing what other members think before I attempt to remove the stem.

Re: Winding stem position for removal for eta 2836-2

It should be in the second position, quickset date. This is in the sheets at the repair depot level, and the oldest most experienced watchmakers concurred. I have personally observed that once in awhile, while re-inserting the stem, it sometimes helps to depress the button slightly. This is in addition to rotating the stem to ensure its square sides mesh with the sliding pinion. To push the stem while not properly aligned with the square hole in the sliding pinion means you will be pushing the pinion, and it may come out from under the yoke.

Re: Winding stem position for removal for eta 2836-2

Hi Outta Time,
    This is exactly the information I was seeking.
    Many thanks.

Thread Information