How to spot a fake Tissot - Page 84
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: How to spot a fake Tissot

Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

Re: How to spot a fake Tissot

Quote Originally Posted by Techguy73 View Post
    Hello everyone. So I know the old adage, if it's too good to be true, it usually is, which is why I'm here. I recently stopped by one of my local pawn shops I frequent and nearly had a heart attack when I saw what they had in their watch case. Buried among the usual rabble of Invictas, Armitrons and other such watches, I saw something that caught my eye. A Tissot PRC200 chronograph marked at $60! I asked to see it and found it wasn't a quartz model but an automatic chronograph. I looked it over and gave it a few shakes to wind the spring and to confirm all the functions worked properly, which they did. I immediately put it on layaway and excitedly left the store. Over the course of the next few days of reflection and research, I feel it may potentially be a fake. Granted I do know that often times pawn shops won't always take the time to fully research an item and given the fact that Tissot is not a premier brand like Rolex, Hublot, Omega and the like, it's possible they let it slip through and it is a legit Tissot. Overall the watch is in decent shape, the crystal is clean and scratch free, the bracelet has a few minor scuffs from being worn as does the case. The photo I took of the movement looks like the legit movement, though I know this doesn't prove anything as the better fakes use the correct movement. If anyone has this exact model, are you able to confirm it's authenticity by comparing it to yours? Thank you for any input you have!
    So I compared your pics to other online ones (of known reputability, of the same reference), and I'm not personally seeing anything that's out of the ordinary. In fact, the ONLY difference I've seen is on the movement (through your exhibitionist case-back) where yours says "15 JEWELS". Some examples you can find say "15 FIFTEEN JEWELS". To be clear though, I am finding BOTH versions when looking up your particular reference.

If this were my watch, I would presume it to be real and authentic, until I'm either proven otherwise or discover something new / previously unobserved.

Congrats on the find, that's awesome !
    Techguy73 likes this.
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner1 View Post
    So I compared your pics to other online ones (of known reputability, of the same reference), and I'm not personally seeing anything that's out of the ordinary. In fact, the ONLY difference I've seen is on the movement (through your exhibitionist case-back) where yours says "15 JEWELS". Some examples you can find say "15 FIFTEEN JEWELS". To be clear though, I am finding BOTH versions when looking up your particular reference.

If this were my watch, I would presume it to be real and authentic, until I'm either proven otherwise or discover something new / previously unobserved.

Congrats on the find, that's awesome !
    Thank you. I am feeling better, and excited.
    Yukoner1 likes this.

Hi to all,

My girlfriend bought me a used Tissot Courtier thru ebay but we're not totally sure if it's authentic. Here are the pics:
    Name:  IMG-20191104-WA0001.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  136.2 KB

I just noticed that at the back plate, it says "10bar WATER-RESISTANT 100m/300ft" , is this correct or is this an indicator that its fake since most of the pics I saw in web shows "WATER-RESISTANT 10bar 100m/300ft"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  IMG-20191104-WA0000.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  157.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by atherine03 View Post
    Hi to all,

My girlfriend bought me a used Tissot Courtier thru ebay but we're not totally sure if it's authentic. Here are the pics:

I just noticed that at the back plate, it says "10bar WATER-RESISTANT 100m/300ft" , is this correct or is this an indicator that its fake since most of the pics I saw in web shows "WATER-RESISTANT 10bar 100m/300ft"
    You are correct that the vast majority of images that can be found for this particular reference do indeed have the "10 bar" AFTER the "Water-Resistant". That being said, take a look at this example:

https://ng.pricena.com/en/product/ti...nigeria-662252

This one clearly has it written in the same order as yours. That being said, the question of course becomes, is this one also a fake.

How's the watch feel ? Well put together ? Movement accurate ? Finishing on it all good ?
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

Thread Information