How to spot a fake Tissot
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: How to spot a fake Tissot

Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

How to spot a fake Tissot

I ran a search on Photobucket today to see what Tissots I could find. Surprisingly the number of fakes was astonishing!!! I thought it might be useful to post the images here as a reference.

These range from the very good to the VERY bad!!! You be the judge:

BALLADE

The immediate giveaway is the lack of detail of the bezel. Additionally the bracelet just isn't quite right.

PRC100

If a model like this ever existed, I'm yet to see one. Plus the bezel seems overly heavy.

PRC200

Being our number one top seller I'm not surprised to see this being copied. The giveaway is the spacing of the lettering and chrono dials. It's all a little too tight on this one. Having said that, it's a much better fake than...

Apart from the dial spacing being out of whack, the tachymeter dial is virtually upside down!! It's probably not an issue though as the chrono likely doesn't even work?!?

T-TOUCH

Took me a long time and a lot of cross checking, but this is certainly a copy, albeit a very good one! The faults lie with the hands and the dial. They're obviously trying to copy the look of a carbon fibre dial by replicating it with a zig zag pattern. Also, the hands on the real deal have a visible border around the white section. This is the lume

Plus if you were unlucky enough to end up with one of these, I could almost guarantee touching the glass would do diddily sqaut!

Re: How to spot a fake Tissot

Very educational, thanks for taking the time to sort these out.

And another I spotted on eBay...

PRS200

The chrono dials show the wrong read outs. ie: The three o'clock dial shows a 24 counter, but this watch doesn't use a 24 hour counter.

Also on the real deal the date window sits on the middle of the tachy counter. This one has it squeezed up inside the printing.

Again, it's not bad as I had to look closely. This had two bids on it, and I've reported this to eBay.
    Last edited by seanpiper; February 17th, 2009 at 14:30.
    playsguitars likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And these are just wrong on so many levels, you'd only have yourself to blame:

Quote Originally Posted by seanpiper View Post
    And another I spotted on eBay...

PRS200

The chrono dials show the wrong read outs. ie: The three o'clock dial shows a 24 counter, but this watch doesn't use a 24 hour counter.

Also on the real deal the date window sits on the middle of the tachy counter. This one has it squeezed up inside the printing.

Again, it's not bad as I had to look closely. This had two bids on it, and I've reported this to eBay.
    I think it's been pulled. I had it on watch because I thought it looked kind of salty but just didn't have the time to look closely. As I recall, it had a bunch of packaging that looked authentic too.
    Last edited by Otto Phan; February 17th, 2009 at 16:07.

And these are just wrong on so many levels, you'd only have yourself to blame:

They just murder the chrono dials on these. I can't even figure this one out. As you said though, no matter as the chrono prolly doesn't even work....

Many thanks, Sean. I'll make this a sticky to keep it available for future reference.
    Lee Meister
    Moderator - Tissot & Affordables
    Houston, Texas

What a long, strange trip it's been... - The Grateful Dead

I'm surprised there are no Seastar copies... interesting info for sure though, great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Phan View Post
    They just murder the chrono dials on these. I can't even figure this one out. As you said though, no matter as the chrono prolly doesn't even work....
    if they go though all this trouble to make a fake watch, and are able to make dials and cases that look pretty close to the real thing, then why don't they pay attention to details and get the chrono dials right? how hard can it be?

T-TOUCH

Took me a long time and a lot of cross checking, but this is certainly a copy, albeit a very good one! The faults lie with the hands and the dial. They're obviously trying to copy the look of a carbon fibre dial by replicating it with a zig zag pattern. Also, the hands on the real deal have a visible border around the white section. This is the lume

Plus if you were unlucky enough to end up with one of these, I could almost guarantee touching the glass would do diddily sqaut!
    I just got this exact watch from an authorized dealer and it looks exactly the same as this picture. I am afraid I got a fake. But the pictures on the tissot website also looks the same. So exactly what is fake about this? Thanks.

Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information