Interested in buying Tissot Seastar 1000 automatic

Thread: Interested in buying Tissot Seastar 1000 automatic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interested in buying Tissot Seastar 1000 automatic

Hello,

In retail shop I saw Tissot Seastar 1000 powermatic 80 with red bezel. I really liked it, however, I wish to ask of this forum members these questions:

• Is its quality plausible for its price range?
    • Are there any similar alternatives (in terms of looks + automatic and similar price range)?
    • What online shops would recommend? As retail price is quite high for me.

Thank you

Re: Interested in buying Tissot Seastar 1000 automatic

I just ordered one from Jomashop and saved quite a bit off of retail, so I'll let you know after I spend a few days with it.

It really caught my eye and could be a solid watch for the price. I had a hard time finding something like it in the same price range.

Quote Originally Posted by zanuff View Post

• Is its quality plausible for its price range?
    • Yes

• Quote Originally Posted by zanuff View Post
    • Are there any similar alternatives (in terms of looks + automatic and similar price range)?
  4. The 80 hour power reserve feature is very limited so when comparing that then no, not really. However, fro 1000 (list Price) watches there are many diver/diver styles watches to look at. Red bezels will narrow it down though. Just depends how close you want to get to the Tissot.

• Quote Originally Posted by zanuff View Post
    • What online shops would recommend? As retail price is quite high for me.
  • Many people have had good experience with JOMA. Many have not. I would try to bargain with the B & M store you saw the watch at. You may will get 20% off. That is more than JOMA, but you get a FACTORY warranty and frequently better service if the watch is a dud. Also, you get to see the very watch you buy to make sure it's new and undamaged - things you can't do online. Just depends on what those things are worth to you. I wouldn't pay a grand for it, wouldn't feel comfortable paying 600 from a gray market site. 700 to 800 ish would seem reasonable to me.

• Best similar watch I can think of would be the C Ward Trident. Main differences - ceramic bezel, available in black or white dial, bracelet, gatore, calf grain or rubber strap. twice the depth rating (but you don't need that) and 38 hour PR.

Price - 825 and that's pretty firm but they have sales once in a while if you can wait. I think it's fair at that price.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

• Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    [*]Yes[/LIST]

• The 80 hour power reserve feature is very limited so when comparing that then no, not really. However, fro 1000 (list Price) watches there are many diver/diver styles watches to look at. Red bezels will narrow it down though. Just depends how close you want to get to the Tissot.

• Many people have had good experience with JOMA. Many have not. I would try to bargain with the B & M store you saw the watch at. You may will get 20% off. That is more than JOMA, but you get a FACTORY warranty and frequently better service if the watch is a dud. Also, you get to see the very watch you buy to make sure it's new and undamaged - things you can't do online. Just depends on what those things are worth to you. I wouldn't pay a grand for it, wouldn't feel comfortable paying 600 from a gray market site. 700 to 800 ish would seem reasonable to me.

Best similar watch I can think of would be the C Ward Trident. Main differences - ceramic bezel, available in black or white dial, bracelet, gatore, calf grain or rubber strap. twice the depth rating (but you don't need that) and 38 hour PR.

Price - 825 and that's pretty firm but they have sales once in a while if you can wait. I think it's fair at that price.

Thank you for your answer. I am from Europe so retailers at my place have usually high price even with discounts. I am also looking at creationwatches.com but it seems they do not have this particular model. I will look into this Christopher Ward model it seems to look quite nice :) Also is its quality better than Tissot's in general?

I am from Europe so retailers at my place have usually high price even with discounts. I am also looking at creationwatches.com but it seems they do not have this particular model.
    I don't know if you already know this, but just so you do not get a surprise. When you buy outside the EU, like from Jomashop which is based in USA. You will get import taxes, customs fees and VAT added, when your local customs opens the package. The combined fees can easily run up in +30% of the price you paid, depending on the VAT rate in your particular country.

I know this, but it can be avoided if it is sent as a gift.

Don't count on the retailer playing along with that ruse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't count on it. If the goods are valued at more then something like $35 you may still cop for the VAT (I assume you're in the EU)

I love my Seastar to bits but the CW Pro 600 really puts it in the shade in all respects.

I boight my seastar 1000 thru jomashop and it was exactly as described and shipped very quickly. I love the watch,it gets alot of comments and it very nice in person
    Tissot Sea Star 1000 powermatic 80
    Sieko Snk809

Sold *Tag Heuer Aqua racer wab2010
    Sold *Deep Blue sea ram 500
    Sold *Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms
    Sold *Ticino Sea Viper

I've been really happy with the watch. It's beautiful, seems well built, & I've gotten compliments on it. It's comfortable on the wrist. The inside of the rubber strap is textured and squeaks quite a bit when wet, but you can always get another strap.

I've got too small of a sample size to draw any conclusions on accuracy yet, but the power supply is no joke. Solid watch.

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information