WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Need help finding a watch

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  John_Rochowicz 
#1 ·
Hello, I really like automatic watch but don't know a lot about quality brand. Last year I buy my first automatic watch on ebay from a russian seller, it worked well for a year but now it's unreliable and the gold filling is mostly gone so I decided to buy something better this time. I want a Tissot the automatic pr50 with leather strap http://www.tissot.ch/?mod_collection/colid_0005/famid_0046/subid_0102/refid_T34_2_423_32/action_select but I can't find this particular model on any website. So here my questions, Where can I buy this watch on internet or maybe a distributor in Canada ? ,What is the price I should pay for this watch, Did this watch have a transparent back, would this watch be better that let's say this aeromatic 1912 http://cgi.ebay.ca/Aeromatic-1912-Automatic-Watch-with-Full-Calendarium_W0QQitemZ250022662587QQihZ015QQcategoryZ31387QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
You surely understand that I can't afford a thousand dollar watch so I hope you can help me and if you have suggestions for other watch that could interest me I'm open to suggestion.

#2 ·
Welcome here on WUS, a great place for finding out things about watches and stuff..;-)
You could try the sales corner, feel free to ask loads of questions.

Enjoy your stay..:-!

G
#3 ·
The model you are looking for is model T34.2.423.32.

If you call your local Tissot authorized dealer (AD), I'm sure they could check its availabilty and give you a price. I can only find the bracelet model's price, which is $295 retail. Usually you pay $20-$25 less for a strap, so somehwere around $275 would be my best guess on its retail price. My AD here in the US would give you a nice discount on it, but I'm not sure how much Canadian dealers typically discount.

I can't comment on the Aeromatic since I don't know much about it. However, I'm a bit cautious of buying anything that's "too cheap". An $89 starting bid is very low, and this is not a Swiss Made watch like the Tissot.

Oh, I almost forgot, the PR50 has a steel caseback.

Good luck,
John

#4 ·
Thanks for your answer John_Rochowicz, I'm going to see the only jeweler in my region and see if he can have Tissot watch. Can your AD sell watch to Canada ? I asked if the Tissot pr50 was better that the aeromatic because it seem to be the cheapest swiss made watch I found and I wanted to know if its good quality even for the price. Anyway it is surely better that my russian orion automatic.

G
#5 ·
I have always found Tissots to be a SUPERB value for the money. All of mine keep excellent time and have been 100% trouble-free. As you said, they are very inexpensive for a Swiss watch, but that doesn't mean they are lacking in quality.

I have sent you a PM with my AD's information.

-John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.