Please give me the lowdown on Tissot quality
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Please give me the lowdown on Tissot quality

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Please give me the lowdown on Tissot quality

How does Tissot do in quality? Do the watches feel solid and hold up well? How are the bracelets? Any complaints about Tissot?

I know they won't be perfect for a 300-500 dollar watch, but I do definitely want something with quality to it.

Re: Please give me the lowdown on Tissot quality

Quote Originally Posted by 2taall View Post
    How does Tissot do in quality? Do the watches feel solid and hold up well? How are the bracelets? Any complaints about Tissot?

I know they won't be perfect for a 300-500 dollar watch, but I do definitely want something with quality to it.
    - With their automatics, they use a movement that you could get with much more expensive watches.
    - The glass is made of Sapphire Crystal which is very scratch-resistant. Most expensive Swiss watches use this.
    - Thick leather straps that have a nice little T-logo on the clasp.

(Image taken from http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ti.../letissot.html

I have a six (I think) year old PRS200 and it is very solid. The bracelet is nice and heavy and you definitely know you have a watch on your wrist. I've never had any complaints. It is running just as well now as when I first bought it. No scratches on the glass either thanks to the sapphire crystal, although I did manage to nick the bracelet a couple times.

In fact, I just purchased my second Tissot, a Le Locle and it arrived last week. It is my first automatic and so far I absolutely love it.

I cannot compare the Tissots to anything more expensive, since they are the best of what I have. I think they are awesome though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I had a Seastar 1000 for a while and I didn't have the best luck. The crown broke and since I work around magnets, I kept magnetizing it. I noticed with the display back that the movement had almost no antimag capabilities. If it had higher antimag properties, I'd probably still have it on my wrist today.

Tissots are generally high quality watches. They offer quite a lot for the money: Swiss ETA movement, solid cases and bracelets, sapphire crystals, and a 150 year history. Fit and finish is superb on all the ones I've handled. They have been owned by the Swatch group for several years as are Omega, Hamilton, Blancpain and quite a few other well known brands.

I have three Tissots, all of them automatics. No problems with any of them so far. Of course, folks do encounter problems from time to time as did Torrid. Past history on this forum shows the T-Touch to be the most problem prone model.

Tissot is a solid brand with a reputation to match. Their watches are good buys.
    Lee Meister
    Moderator - Tissot & Affordables
    Houston, Texas

What a long, strange trip it's been... - The Grateful Dead

I think that generally speaking Tissot offer a lot of watch for the money. I'm very pleased with my Le Locle, though I've only owned it for a little over two months.
    Cheers,
    --Rob

Tissot builds decent watches for the price. But you are correct. At the price point, there are a few shortcomings (e.g., bracelets aren't as strong as other, more expensive brands and movements aren't decorated). But, at that price point, they are all forgivable.
    Last edited by Sgian Dubh; November 19th, 2007 at 19:50. Reason: An are that should have been an aren't. Sheesh!
    Question your desires,
    Know of your youth,
    examine well your blood . . . .

William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream, 1, 1, 67

i had a Seastar 1000 before but had passed it on to my brother. The time i had it, no problem so far then

i owned a seastar 1000 for about 2 days.. i had an issue with the caseback screws.. but the ebay seller is correcting the issue for my by replacing the watch with a new one.. but i have to admit.. the seastar is amazing.. i have the blue dial on ss bracelet... even though i had this issue with my first tissot, this doesn't make me not like the brand.. occasionally you will get a watch with an issue.. i would do research before you buy, and let us know what you decide on..

:)

I think the quality is very good for the price. The fit and finish of my PRC100 is amazing for paying less than $300. The bracelet is very nice. You get solid end links and the bracelet flows smoothly over the fingers during examination.

Obviously the sapphire crystal is a plus.

My only issue with the PRC 100 is the clasp. It feels and operates like a cheap clasp.

If I had to score it based on my expectations I would give it a 95/100.
    - Steve

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information