Swissmatic - Page 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Swissmatic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Swissmatic

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Hager626 View Post
    From the stoppage date of the watch production, TISSOT® guarantees the availability of its spare parts for a minimum period of 10 years for standard watches, and for a period of up to 20 years for gold watches. If for any reason production of a particular spare part is stopped or deferred, TISSOT® reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to offer the customer an alternative solution.
    FWIW, my experience with discontinued watch parts (for repairing a watch), has been very good. I had this scenario (albeit not with a Tissot) just a few months ago and I was offered any currently model watch, brand new, at a 60% discount off MSRP. Can't really complain about that.
    NC_Hager626 likes this.
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner1 View Post
    FWIW, my experience with discontinued watch parts (for repairing a watch), has been very good. I had this scenario (albeit not with a Tissot) just a few months ago and I was offered any currently model watch, brand new, at a 60% discount off MSRP. Can't really complain about that.
    From reading the Hamilton forum, there have been several posts of a similar nature, where Hamilton would offer a deep discount towards a new watch as well.
    Yukoner1 likes this.

Good accuracy
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner1 View Post
    That doesn't sound like a good experience at all. That sounds like they were incapable of doing the repair you asked for so they offered you an incentive to do what works better for them. 60% off MSRP could've just been market price depending on what watch it was and when.

I guess that's good if you intend to rotate through watches like you would with computers or phones. Not so much if you're wanting something that lasts.

Think of all the great vintage watches out there that are still valuable because they are still serviceable. We're rapidly moving toward a world where stuff like that doesn't exist anymore. That's not a good thing.
    Casio DW5600E; Orient Bambino V3; Red Star 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SSB033, SUP880; Timex Fairfield Small Seconds; Tissot Automatic III; Vostok 420059

Quote Originally Posted by MrDisco99 View Post
    That doesn't sound like a good experience at all. That sounds like they were incapable of doing the repair you asked for so they offered you an incentive to do what works better for them. 60% off MSRP could've just been market price depending on what watch it was and when.

I guess that's good if you intend to rotate through watches like you would with computers or phones. Not so much if you're wanting something that lasts.

Think of all the great vintage watches out there that are still valuable because they are still serviceable. We're rapidly moving toward a world where stuff like that doesn't exist anymore. That's not a good thing.
    I hear what you're saying about vintage and serviceable and all that. I don't disagree.

That said, you're right, the world is moving towards disposability. The offer I was made based on the situation at hand (a 10+ year old watch, not a special reference, not even an automatic actually) was very, very acceptable to me. I got a nice new timepiece that I've very happy with, at a price that I felt was very reasonable (basically it was marginally more than what I would have expected to pay for the repairs). Personally, I can easily live with that and be happy.
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information