Tissot PR 100 Powermatic 80 COSC
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Tissot PR 100 Powermatic 80 COSC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tissot PR 100 Powermatic 80 COSC

Hello,

I wanted to do a quick review of my Tissot Powermatic 80 COSC with some photos and I apologize for any error, since it is my first try .

This a beautiful piece and has everything I like on a watch: a clean, understated elegant and modern dial, hands and markers. Very classic and very contemporary at the same time. Only the hands has lume.

I wish they had exactly the same but in titanium, since with the stainless steel you really feel the weight in the wrist. The case is brushed with some polished area including the bezel that give complexity to the design even if it not evident at first glance.

Name:  pr 100 1.jpg
Views: 1333
Size:  115.9 KB

I really like the decision they made for the cyclops: It is really discrete but still does the intended job. An excellent touch very different to what other brands do.

Name:  pr 100 2.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  59.0 KB

The text font and size are very well balanced and do not make the dial to look busy. Perhaps I would has chosen to put "Powermatic 80" instead of "officially certified" so that way, the model could differentiate from its quartz counterpart. If it says "chronometer", perhaps there is no need to state that is certified, as other brands do (e.g. JLC)

The dial is gorgeous with a unassuming sunburst that give a silver shine when reflecting the sunlight.

Name:  pr 100 3.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  99.3 KB

The clasp is practical with a convenient mini-adjustment in 5 positions. It easy to change with the right tool

Name:  pr 100 4.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  51.1 KB

And then you have the Powermatic 80 movement (C07.111). The decoration is simple but effective: it makes very striking designs when there is a play of light and shadows falling on it. The waves give a very dynamic appearance to the movement. I am never tired looking at it. By the way, I wish there where some detailed description of the movement and how it is made, to know better about this "High-Tech Escapement" mentioned in the rotor.

I choose the COSC version because I normally regulate my automatics but this one will be impossible for a amateur as I am. So far, the watch is doing -2 spd.

Name:  pr 100 5.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  129.0 KB

There you have it. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Miguel

Re: Tissot PR 100 Powermatic 80 COSC

Nice review and good photos! I agree on the wording on the dial. I like how they rounded off the tips of the hands; kind of gives it a more playful or sporty vibe. I am a fan of 6 o'clock dates.

-2 spd—pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.

Nice understated design. What are the dimensions? Also price?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ocramida View Post
    Nice understated design. What are the dimensions? Also price?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Hi. It is 39mm (the perfect size for my wrist) and you can find it on-line for around us$ 550 (retail is us$ 995)

Cheers,

Miguel

Thanks for this thread! Just what I was searching for. Did you get a COSC certificate with the watch? I have the Quartz PR 100 NBA Special Edition and the form is perfect and so I am looking to buy the COSC automatic.

Neo-N, I picked up a Tissot PR 100 Powermatic 80 COSC a couple of weeks ago. Black face. I bought it from Amazon with no factory warranty, but it did have the COSC certificate. Excellent!
    The cyclops over the date is flat. Flat crystal. I really like that.
    Name:  Tissot PR100 Powermatic 80 COSC resized.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  387.4 KB

Name:  20190503_200259_1556877960357.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  3.25 MB

One of the most accurate watches I own. Have had the Ballade since January and it's nearly spot on +/- 1-2 seconds per day. I'm becoming a fan of the silicon hairspring. Also this watch cost $780AUD from an AD here in Sydney.

I have this very same watch and I love it, although I would prefer more pointy hands than the squared-off ones. Anybody know if this movement features hand-winding?

Quote Originally Posted by dcJohn View Post
    I have this very same watch and I love it, although I would prefer more pointy hands than the squared-off ones. Anybody know if this movement features hand-winding?
    Yes, hacking and hand wind to get it started. It will wind by itself afterwards. If you have it, just do it!

I kind of agree about the hands, but they are very legible. But at the price (amazon) the COSC are going for, I'm not complaining one bit. I have it in black and just ordered a white one. COSC, 80 hr reserve, 100 meters... no brainer.
    dcJohn likes this.

Received the white PR100 COSC Powermatic 80 today. As Miguel points out, the dial is really nice! I really like these watches. The only slight issue is that the spring pins are just a bit close to the case and you really should look for a less thick leather strap if you decide to go with a leather strap, or it may rub on the case. The bracelet is nice, but not as nice as the watch it self. Selling for less than $330 each on Amazon... Deal!

Name:  BW Tissots resized.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  446.3 KB
    silverwind2712 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information