Avoid vimdorado

Thread: Avoid vimdorado

Avoid vimdorado

I sent him payment for a Rolex Explorer II, and long story short never received anything from him.

The long story: I sent vimdorado (Victor) payment via PayPal through an invoice I paid with my cc. He was fairly responsive to PM's considering the 8+ hour time difference, and was supposed to ship a day or two after I paid. At first he said he would ship the next day, then PM'd me and said he wasn't able to because it was a Russian holiday and the post office was closed (I looked up Russian state holidays, and couldn't find one but I let it slide). The next day, at about 2:30AM my time, I received several desperate-sounding PM's asking for my phone number for shipping. Luckily it was the weekend and I'm up late, so I sent it over immediately. After that I never heard anything back from him and he stopped responding to PM's.

After a couple days of no response to daily PMs, I emailed him at the address he provided me; still nothing. I then noticed that the PayPal email address was different from the email he gave, so I emailed that too. I gave that another day with no response, then filed a PayPal claim. Received an email from the PayPal address shortly after, basically saying this guy knew Victor and had let him use his PayPal account but that there was some problem with shipping and Victor hadn't been able to send the watch. This was never communicated to me from Victor, and I made it clear several times in emails to the PayPal address-guy that I would prefer to get the watch instead of a refund and was happy to wait for Victor to sort out the shipping issues. He said he would feel better just sending the refund because he wasn't in control of shipping, and currently that refund is processing back to my card and should post in a couple days.

Given the above, I wouldn't attempt another deal with Victor aka vimdorado. I understand shipping delays and issues happen, but those need to be communicated to the buyer, especially on a purchase of several thousand dollars. I don't think he was trying to scam me (based on looking into him I believe he has the watch and pics weren't stolen etc.) but the complete lack of status updates and ignoring communications was unacceptable.

Re: Avoid vimdorado

I sent you pm!I apologize for this situation.
    holidays and problems in my bank .......
    but then I will immediately return your money.

Beware of this seller- last year I bought two Seiko watches from him. He promised to send watches from Estonia but he sent them from Moscow. It was a big problem for me because of customs (I live in Czech Republic- EU). Moreover he declared tha package for around 30USD and the actual value was around 4000USD. I had to prove that these are the real Seiko watches and not fake. And when I asked him to share duties and taxes, he didn't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRogan View Post
    I sent him payment for a Rolex Explorer II, and long story short never received anything from him.

The long story: I sent vimdorado (Victor) payment via PayPal through an invoice I paid with my cc. He was fairly responsive to PM's considering the 8+ hour time difference, and was supposed to ship a day or two after I paid. At first he said he would ship the next day, then PM'd me and said he wasn't able to because it was a Russian holiday and the post office was closed (I looked up Russian state holidays, and couldn't find one but I let it slide). The next day, at about 2:30AM my time, I received several desperate-sounding PM's asking for my phone number for shipping. Luckily it was the weekend and I'm up late, so I sent it over immediately. After that I never heard anything back from him and he stopped responding to PM's.

After a couple days of no response to daily PMs, I emailed him at the address he provided me; still nothing. I then noticed that the PayPal email address was different from the email he gave, so I emailed that too. I gave that another day with no response, then filed a PayPal claim. Received an email from the PayPal address shortly after, basically saying this guy knew Victor and had let him use his PayPal account but that there was some problem with shipping and Victor hadn't been able to send the watch. This was never communicated to me from Victor, and I made it clear several times in emails to the PayPal address-guy that I would prefer to get the watch instead of a refund and was happy to wait for Victor to sort out the shipping issues. He said he would feel better just sending the refund because he wasn't in control of shipping, and currently that refund is processing back to my card and should post in a couple days.

Given the above, I wouldn't attempt another deal with Victor aka vimdorado. I understand shipping delays and issues happen, but those need to be communicated to the buyer, especially on a purchase of several thousand dollars. I don't think he was trying to scam me (based on looking into him I believe he has the watch and pics weren't stolen etc.) but the complete lack of status updates and ignoring communications was unacceptable.
    very interesting to read this.
    I helped Victor with the sale of watches. and it’s very good that I did not give him the money immediately. otherwise you would have lost hours, and I would have lost money.
    on Monday going to the police in a similar case with the same participant.

Thread Information