Gaizka is an excellent seller

Thread: Gaizka is an excellent seller

Gaizka is an excellent seller

Gaizka is helpful, reliable and trustworthy. Very happy with my new (to me) watch.

Re: Gaizka is an excellent seller

See update: Watch is BROKEN. Only ran for 20 minutes, Gaizka refuses to do anything about it. Buyer beware.

After years of buying from hobbyists forums (film cameras, Japanese knives, watches) this is the first time I've ever had to leave negative feedback.

The watch Gaizka sold me only worked for 20 minutes, then stopped completely. Gaizka's description states "All functions work perfectly and smoothly." I never even got to wear it because the bracelet that the watch is on is short; I have extra links on order that should arrive in a week.

i informed Gaizka of this immediately on Saturday, and he declined to do anything about it (or even acknowledge that this is a problem). Today I took the watch to a couple of respected watchmakers in NY, and they won't even open it for less than $500, but said that it is in no way a functioning watch. this is the first time I've ever had a problem that the seller was unwilling to resolve. Figures that it happened on the most expensive watch I've ever bought.

Sadly I was naive, and paid Gaizka via Friends and Family rather than G&S, which means that I am completely at his mercy for making this right. He has no interest whatsoever in standing behind his description of the watch. His response to me:

"I'm sorry to hear that. The watch was in perfect working order, I got zero reason to risk my reputation to sell a hinky watch. Unfortunately I cannot take it back.
    if anything, I'd say double check you are winding gently for about 20 turns and give it a smooth figure 8 shake to activate rotor. And I'll reiterate, watch had no issues."

That condescending bit of advice about how to wind a watch, as if i've never seen a mechanical one, is especially galling. And "i can't take it back"? That's simply not true. You can do anything you want; you CHOOSE not to take it back. At least man up and state your intentions clearly instead of hiding behind wimpy customer service language.

So congratulations to Gaizka, a man with $1,200 that no one can take from him. But not a man of his word.

Thread Information