Gerlach - Overwhelmed, Incompetent or Something Worse? - Page 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Gerlach - Overwhelmed, Incompetent or Something Worse?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Beware of Gerlach - They are a Black Hole

Thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyO View Post
    I will NEVER do business with Gerlach again. I bought a watch from them in the past and tried again this year.
    Ordered and paid for two watches for my sons for Christmas on their Black Friday sale, November 23.
    When I got no confirmation a few days later I tried to cancel the sale. They ignored me.
    I then contacted them nearly daily to get a status update.
    They answered one on December 5 stating they did not have the watches in stock but would email me with a tracking number when they shipped.
    I responded that they should have told me it was out of stock with I ordered.
    They ignored me again,.
    I emailed them and used their "contact us" site eight times for a status update between December 4 and December 18. They never responded and never sent me a tracking number I gave up and bought two different watches for my sons.
    On December 18 I filed a complaint with Paypal.
    Finally a response through Paypal. They said they mailed it two weeks earlier (that would have been December 4, the day before they emailed me that they had no watches and would email when they shipped) and now finally gave me a tracking number.
    I checked the tracking number and they lied. It was sent on December 15 NOT December 4, but they never told me.
    I told them I would return them.
    I received them on January 4.
    I have tried every day since then to get a return authorization number.
    They ignore me every single day. They never respond. Ever. Only when threatened through Paypal.
    And they never sent the case I paid for either. I'm sure I'll never see that.
    And the watch I bought last year? It broke and I sent it to them for repair nearly three months ago following their instructions. I am sure I will never see that again.
    These people are thieves. Period.
    Beware. You get what you paid for and sometimes even less than that.
    Hi -- sorry to resurrect this thread, but just wondering if the OP has a status update on the return/refund of the two disputed watches, and the repair of the original watch?
    I placed my order 11 days ago and haven't heard a peep from them, except for a computer-generated order confirmation.
    OP, on your original watch order, did you have similar wait times?
    Do you need a return authorization in the case of a PayPal dispute?
    Thanks for any information you can offer, and sorry to hear of your troubles. I appreciate the warning, though I wish I had seen it before I ordered!

According to his public profile page the OP hasn't been back since starting this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CMSgt Bo View Post
    According to his public profile page the OP hasn't been back since starting this thread.
    Thanks for letting me know!

Just thought I'd wrap up my experience with G. Gerlach.
    As I noted before, I ordered a watch on March 2nd, rec'd an automated confirmation, and a payment notification from PayPal. I created an account with them, but my order didn't show up on it. On March 13th, I realized I hadn't received a shipping notice. Between March 13th and April 2nd, I sent three emails, very politely asking for a shipping update.
    No reply.
    On April 5th, more than a month after ordering, I sent a 4th email requesting a refund. That got their attention, and I rec'd an email saying that my watch had shipped, and I'd get a tracking update soon.
    I didn't hear anything else for 10 more days.
    I just gave up. I was too busy at work, with taxes, with my kids' sports events. I had PP buyer protection, so no point in freaking out.
    On April 15 ... a box from Poland arrived!
    It's a quirky watch that certainly isn't to everyone's taste, but for $360 all-in, it is beautifully made and has excellent specs (sapphire w/AR, 100M wr, hacks/handwinds, signed deployant, etc). It was nicely packaged w/a springbar tool and a polishing cloth and a gorgeous warranty certificate.

So I guess that's the trade-off. G. Gerlach makes nice watches at great prices, but -- based on my experience, and the clearly the OP's experience -- don't expect a normal customer service experience, or fast shipping, and just have faith that you'll get your watch. I understand the OP's frustration b/c he was buying gifts, but I have found that yelling at someone for poor service never results in better service.

Would I order another watch from G. Gerlach after this experience? Well, why not? For what they offer at their price point, I can live without excellent customer service ... or any customer service at all. All I need is a good watch, and I got a good watch.

Name:  Unknown-76.jpeg
Views: 77
Size:  120.9 KB

Gratuitous pic ... funky watch, and I'm using funky in the positive sense ... (the pusher at 10:00 advances the date)

Gerlach? BEWARE, are they thieves or just inept?

Be cautious if you ever want to buy a watch from Gerlach.

I have purchased a few. Last November I ordered two during their Black Friday sale for Christmas for my sons.
    They lied about having the watches in stock - they didn't.
    They lied about when they shipped - by about four weeks
    I tried to cancel the order but they NEVER responded despite over 30 emails, suddenly they went silent
    They eventually shipped the watches but not the case I paid for - they have ignored every email about it and to this day have kept my money and never sent it to me
    I had a Gerlach watch that broke and in November they said to ship it to them but declare "low value" - stupidly I did
    That was six months ago and they won't answer any emails about that either.

I am out money
    I have been lied to
    They have my broken watch and won't send it back
    They ignore emails and "contact us" requests

No matter the price these people are not worth doing business with.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Gerlach? BEWARE, are they thieves or just inept?

Merged with the already existing thread. We already know that you „will NEVER do business with Gerlach again.“ You already posted this in January 2019.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; May 31st, 2019 at 15:26.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Buyer Beware Gerlach

These people never sent me a case I ordered in December and never acknowledged or returned a watch I sent them for repair. They told me to put "low value" on the customs slip shipping to Poland.

They have ignored me and not answered emails for seven months. Not to mention the huge problems I had with the lying about watches that were not actually in stock and arrived a month late for Christmas. Stupid me for doing business with a company like that. Don't you be stupid too. I email them every month. They ignore me every month.

Re: Buyer Beware Gerlach

What did they say when you picked up the phone and called?

Edit: just to clarify, I’m curious if you’ve discussed all these issues at length with them over the phone? I mean, so many things can go wrong when trying to resolve disputes via email...I might send one, but if that doesn’t square things away my next move is to pick up the phone. Seven emails over seven months with no response sounds to me like you’re punishing yourself. There’s absolutely no reason to think the second or third was gonna generate a different outcome.....let alone the seventh. Call them. If they don’t answer, use a different email address/name and ask them to call you to discuss a large order you’re considering placing. Ask for wiring instructions, or the marketing department or sales...just change the approach until you’re able to get through to someone. And if all of that continues to fail....cut bait and pack it up. It sucks, sure...but you’re gonna end up driving yourself crazy. There comes a time when you just gotta sever ties and move on. I think that time is upon you.
    Last edited by Zeroedout; July 10th, 2019 at 14:25.

Re: Buyer Beware Gerlach

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post
    What did they say when you picked up the phone and called?
    Dzień dobry, probably.

TimothyO, sad to hear about your trouble with them. I never dealt with them, or rather, I entered a contest once to win a G. Gerlach Navigator, and they promissed a 10% discount voucher simply for participating, but I never received that voucher. I wasn't really that much interested in it either, so no big deal and I didn't bother, but it's just one of those small things where you see if brands have their processes in order or not. So I'm not overly surprised to hear about your experience. But I did think they would treat actual customers correctly.

I hope it turns out good for you in the end.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information