Gerlach - Overwhelmed, Incompetent or Something Worse? - Page 4
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Gerlach - Overwhelmed, Incompetent or Something Worse?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Buyer Beware Gerlach

AGAIN? More lives than a zombie this thread.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Buyer Beware Gerlach

Ah, TimothyO again. The (almost) montly complaint.
    Merged with similar threads posted since December 2018 and moved to the Watchdeals sub forum.

Btw: I had only positive experiences when dealing with Krzysztof.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; July 22nd, 2019 at 10:31.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Re: Gerlach - Overwhelmed, Incompetent or Something Worse?

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Btw: I had only positive experiences when dealing with Krzysztof.
    Update: I have yet to receive any sort of response from the company to my comments or my query about their watches. Krzysztof may be a nice person to have a dinner/beer with but the bottom line is I'm primarily interested in the firm's watches. Sadly their business conduct leaves A LOT to be desired. Why bother having a 'contact us' feature when you just end up ignoring potential customers?

It's now been 10 months. They have not answered an email since January 2019, they have not sent me the item I paid for in November 2018, they have not returned the watch I sent in for repair in November 2018 They are crooks, period.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyO View Post
    It's now been 10 months. They have not answered an email since January 2019, they have not sent me the item I paid for in November 2018, they have not returned the watch I sent in for repair in November 2018 They are crooks, period.
    OP, it sounds to me like they are actively declining to continue their business relationship with you.
    With all due respect, I have to ask: have you sent any communications to them that might be construed as abusive? I mean, you sound incredibly frustrated, and you've alluded to sending them a lot of emails demanding better service. Is it possible that you've maybe crossed the line into abusive language?
    If so, you may have nullified the customer service agreement. Most companies in the USA, for example, have rules that protect their employees from abusive language, whether verbal or written. My company recently severed a long-time profitable relationship with a contractor because he was abusive to our staff (not to mention his own).
    If this is the case -- and I'm not saying you were abusive, I'm just wondering why they would ignore a repeat customer -- G. Gerlach may have decided that they are under no obligation to repair or return your watches.
    Of course, I assume under Polish law they are still considered your property, so you might have to travel to Poland to pick them up, or arrange for someone to pick them up for you, since they might not want you on their premises. Again, this is only if you have been abusive, or perceived by them to be abusive or threatening.
    As for the item you paid for in November 2018, if you used PayPal, you had six months to easily obtain a refund. Why didn't you? Again, short of litigating this in Poland, I don't believe you have any recourse at this point. Maybe contact your CC company or bank?
    For what it's worth, I did read your original thread several months ago, and yeah, it gave me pause, but based on all the research I've done since about G. Gerlach, I'm glad I ordered it (update: just now realizing the threads were merged). They did not communicate with me for weeks and weeks -- I forgot how long -- my post is on this thread if anyone is interested. But I did receive the watch, and it's a terrific watch, well worth the money. The long wait and lack of communication is just a first world problem and very easily forgotten.
    So they aren't crooks, and not incompetent insofar as the watch goes.
    Not so hot on customer service, true, but maybe expectations are different in Poland. Given the fraught history of the country, maybe they're a bit more chill about such things. Who knows?

Name:  Gerlach-LuxSport-042719-011.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  105.0 KB
    Last edited by Vioviv; 1 Week Ago at 19:59.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information