Gerlach - Overwhelmed, Incompetent or Something Worse?
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Gerlach - Overwhelmed, Incompetent or Something Worse?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gerlach - Overwhelmed, Incompetent or Something Worse?

Anyone have any luck getting a watch from Gerlach? On November 23 I ordered two watches from their Black Friday sale. It's is as of today, 12/17, 24 days and not only has my order not shipped that I can tell but they ignore my emails and messages. They answered one email after the first week and told me that it would be shipped as soon as "the watchmaker was done with it" (how about announcing on the website if a watch is not in stock) it was ready and they would let me know when it ships and give me a tracking number. Since then they have not answered any "contact us" or email messages sent by me. They were quick enough to take my payment but I have no idea if they are just incompetent or they stole my money. So much for the Christmas gifts I thought I was purchasing.

Re: Gerlach - Overwhelmed, Incompetent or Something Worse?

Remember you can always get the credit card charge reversed if they continue the runaround.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

My experience wasn't great. Communication was meh. But one day my watch showed up.

hwa

Sounds like the same sort of thing Gerlach is known for around these parts. That said, those who stay the course have reported happy results. I bought my kid one of the digital pieces from Gerlach some years ago, and he's worn it every day for years and loves it. At some point, the guts died and I sent it back and Gerlach replaced as you'd expect a reputable watchmaker to do. So, this is the point when I say you should consider the service from the standpoint of a small Polish business at the holidays, not Amazon.com. truly, "consider the source."
    ffritz and Ragl like this.
    "Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
    And tell the world that everything's OK,
    But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
    'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black."

Beware of Gerlach - They are a Black Hole

I will NEVER do business with Gerlach again. I bought a watch from them in the past and tried again this year.
    Ordered and paid for two watches for my sons for Christmas on their Black Friday sale, November 23.
    When I got no confirmation a few days later I tried to cancel the sale. They ignored me.
    I then contacted them nearly daily to get a status update.
    They answered one on December 5 stating they did not have the watches in stock but would email me with a tracking number when they shipped.
    I responded that they should have told me it was out of stock with I ordered.
    They ignored me again,.
    I emailed them and used their "contact us" site eight times for a status update between December 4 and December 18. They never responded and never sent me a tracking number I gave up and bought two different watches for my sons.
    On December 18 I filed a complaint with Paypal.
    Finally a response through Paypal. They said they mailed it two weeks earlier (that would have been December 4, the day before they emailed me that they had no watches and would email when they shipped) and now finally gave me a tracking number.
    I checked the tracking number and they lied. It was sent on December 15 NOT December 4, but they never told me.
    I told them I would return them.
    I received them on January 4.
    I have tried every day since then to get a return authorization number.
    They ignore me every single day. They never respond. Ever. Only when threatened through Paypal.
    And they never sent the case I paid for either. I'm sure I'll never see that.
    And the watch I bought last year? It broke and I sent it to them for repair nearly three months ago following their instructions. I am sure I will never see that again.
    These people are thieves. Period.
    Beware. You get what you paid for and sometimes even less than that.

Re: Beware of Gerlach - They are a Black Hole

So, the big question is, why would you order from them a SECOND time, for Christmas presents no less, where you ALREADY had a BAD EXPERIENCE with them the first time around, where you had a broken watch, and where they had it in their hands for three months, and counting, and it was still not repaired...

Tim... sorry you're going through this and a big thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Appreciate the heads up and once again the tried and true BUY THE SELLER applies.

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    So, the big question is, why would you order from them a SECOND time, for Christmas presents no less, where you ALREADY had a BAD EXPERIENCE with them the first time around, where you had a broken watch, and where they had it in their hands for three months, and counting, and it was still not repaired...
    Black Friday's deals were irresistible and overshadowed previous bad experience...???

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Victim shaming. :Nono just call the credit card company or PayPal and get the money back.
    CTSteve, Thork and Patrick_Ethan like this.
    Breguet Type XX, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130G World Time, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph 49150, Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information