How to contact a Mod? I just got scammed by member Cleanupnice---STAY AWAY from this member
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to contact a Mod? I just got scammed by member Cleanupnice---STAY AWAY from this member

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

How to contact a Mod? I just got scammed by member Cleanupnice---STAY AWAY from this member

Title says it all. I just got scammed by a member. I suspect I'm screwed but at the very least wanted to notify the moderators and our fellow members to be on the lookout for this character. I can be reached via PM/EMail.I have been a member of WUS for quite some time now (username Maxpowerman) but have recently had a terrible experience with another forum member (Chris Williams, aka Cleanupnice). We agreed to conduct a trade between ourselves, worked out a deal amenable to both and shipped each other watches. Both were successfully received, however, the watch I received from Mr. Williams is not the one I was shown pictures of, nor does it appear to be an authentic Breitling. I have been unsuccessful in making contact with Mr. Williams and suspect I have just been the victim of a scam artist. Is there any recourse I can follow or can I just chalk this up to being a learning experience?Any help would be much appreciated! I love being a member of the forum and can say that this is the first negative experience I have ever had. Please let me know if there is any guidance you can provide me.
    Last edited by maxpowerman; January 19th, 2012 at 10:47.
    Breitling Galactic Chronograph
    Tudor Heritage Chronograph
    Tudor Black Bay Blue
    Nixon Corporal
    Citizen Aqualand
    G-Shock 6900-1289

Im sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how bad you feel. One thing I recommend is gathering as much proof as you possibly have on this. Post pictures of the watch and make sure you know FOR SURE that it is fake. These are serious accusations that need to be backed up or its just a free for all he said he said. Save any emails pms or any communication you had with the accused party and hang on to it. The pictures you received from him (if I understood you correctly) before the trade could be helpful as well. I expect once this thread gets more attention that things will move quickly. So be ready. The accused name and personal address should stay confidential from the public forum unless you are told otherwise by a moderator and moderator only. I assume soon you will file a police report once you have confirmed one way or another that you have been wronged. Good luck with everything.

Sent Via Tapatalk

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: How to contact a Mod? I just got scammed by a member.

Reported to the mods.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Post up good macro pics Caseback/movement of what you WERE to receive and what you ACTUALLY received.

The boys here can sort it out quickly as to real or not.

Then you can decide your next course of action. No response from the other trading member is ususally not a good sign...

Here is the link to the For Trade post:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/bre...er-635243.html

Member's last activity on the forum was two hours ago...
    Omega Speedmaster 20th Anniversary 1450 Bracelet
    Omega 2264
    IWC 3767-02
    Seiko 7A48-7050 FishingMaster
    Citizen Mission Antartica
    Casio MD-703 Gold/White/Black Dial
    Casio MQD 2000W PVD Case

Quote Originally Posted by watchking1 View Post
    Post up good macro pics Caseback/movement of what you WERE to receive and what you ACTUALLY received.

The boys here can sort it out quickly as to real or not.

Then you can decide your next course of action. No response from the other trading member is ususally not a good sign...

Here is the link to the For Trade post:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/bre...er-635243.html

Member's last activity on the forum was two hours ago...

Well Gents, it looks like this is a true blue screwing. I just attempted to contact Cleanupnice via his yahoo email ([email protected] ) address and received a returned mail stating that the account is no longer active.

I have emailed the WUS admin and have sent Cleanupnice (Chris Williams) messages through both email and WUS PM with no response. I will post pictures of what I was supposed to receive (the pictures he sent me and the watch we agreed upon) and the garbage that I actually received.

I have no doubts that its a fake. Several of the numbers on the bezel appear to be of the incorrect font. There is no AR coating on the crystal which appears to be of poor quality. There are "crinkle" marks on the bracelet endlinks and the proII bracelet links dont fit together properly. There are several paint discrepancies with some of the text on the dial and there appears to be some sort of debris in the date window. Furthermore, the date advances up instead of down (if that makes sense) and it didn't come with any of the paperwork/certificates. And lets not forget it wasn't even the watch we agreed upon trading.

Sooooo after countless terriffic experiences with WUS members I got burned. I hate that it happened but I suspect there isn't much I can do about it but I'm hoping the Admin or possibly some other folks will have some words of wisdom.
    Tudor Black Bay Blue
    Nixon Corporal
    Citizen Aqualand
    G-Shock 6900-1289

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Reported to the mods.
    Thank you sir! I have all messages which were received and sent. Furthermore, I have the mailing address which was used.
    Tudor Black Bay Blue
    Nixon Corporal
    Citizen Aqualand
    G-Shock 6900-1289

Talk to your local law enforcement, you will likely need a case number from them and can then give that to the authorities at the other party's location. There's also an FBI internet crime authority, not sure if they have a minimum transaction size limit. Not sure where interstate (assumed) mail fraud falls in the whole picture.
    214270/SARB065/SNDA65/SUN063/Black Bay Black/Oris Aquis Date/Pan Europ green

Quote Originally Posted by keto9 View Post
    Talk to your local law enforcement, you will likely need a case number from them and can then give that to the authorities at the other party's location. There's also an FBI internet crime authority, not sure if they have a minimum transaction size limit. Not sure where interstate (assumed) mail fraud falls in the whole picture.
    Thanks for your input Keto. I am actually police officer in his neighboring state of SC and while I don't have any law enforcement contacts in GA, I should have no problem getting a few. I have talked to my department's internet crime unit and let them know what is going on. I further have located where the package was dropped off and I already know who signed for it. The drive to Atlanta is a short 5 hrs...Im not saying Im going on my days off...but a proper field investigation of my own might be in order. The more I sit on this, the more I absolutely boil over it. Im hoping the mods will have something for me. I have nothing but total confidence in them and the owners/administrators of the board.
    Tudor Black Bay Blue
    Nixon Corporal
    Citizen Aqualand
    G-Shock 6900-1289

Also, here are the pictures that he sent me of the watch he agreed upon trading me. It should be noted that all communication from him was spot on and darn near instantaneous; very cordial, he presented himself as a legitimate man of his word. WRONG. He's a liar and a petty thief.

Name:  Superavenger1-2.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  120.5 KBName:  Superavenger3-2-1.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  72.9 KBName:  Superavenger6-1.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  78.1 KBName:  Superavengerdocs-1.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  75.3 KB

From these pictures, the watch which I WAS SUPPOSED TO RECEIVE in trade looks legit and authentic. I will post pictures of the fake junk I got instead of this watch tomorrow when I am able. I think you will see the glaring differences and that it is most obviously fake.
    Last edited by GinGinD; January 30th, 2012 at 17:41. Reason: language
    Tudor Black Bay Blue
    Nixon Corporal
    Citizen Aqualand
    G-Shock 6900-1289

This seems to be happening all to often these days, very sad indeed we must all be absolutley sure of who we are dealing with even if it means asking the Mods to get involved to broker the deal either buying,selling or trading a scammer with think very long and hard about scamming WUS ECT. Does this have any merit.

Cheers
    Mark.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information