AD told me today that the SBGV245 Sport w/ 9F movement is completely sold out
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AD told me today that the SBGV245 Sport w/ 9F movement is completely sold out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AD told me today that the SBGV245 Sport w/ 9F movement is completely sold out

I had just picked one up a couple months back - good to hear if true . Anyone else heard this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: AD told me today that the SBGV245 Sport w/ 9F movement is completely sold out

It does look like they doing a movement refresh from the 9F82 to the 9F85 with independently adjustable hour hand, so maybe they'll be releasing a replacement model?

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Halios Seaforth Bronze; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Nomos Tangente 35; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Silver Archetype One; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Re: AD told me today that the SBGV245 Sport w/ 9F movement is completely sold out

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    It does look like they doing a movement refresh from the 9F82 to the 9F85 with independently adjustable hour hand, so maybe they'll be releasing a replacement model?
    Is that just for the GMT though?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pa1113 View Post
    Is that just for the GMT though?
    No, the 9F85 is a three hand movement, it has an independently adjustable hour hand but no GMT hand.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Halios Seaforth Bronze; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Nomos Tangente 35; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Silver Archetype One; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    No, the 9F85 is a three hand movement, it has an independently adjustable hour hand but no GMT hand.
    Ok gotcha. Yeah that could be the case then. Makes sense. I was mostly asking if others had seen this model gone as the SBGV243 was still available he said.

Ok gotcha. Yeah that could be the case then. Makes sense. I was mostly asking if others had seen this model gone as the SBGV243 was still available he said.

Saw the 243 at the AD and he told me he could get the 245 no problem in the US. Several Japanese dealers online selling them brand new. I'm sure there are plenty new floating around between GS boutiques and other showrooms in Japan.
    Currently debating which GS to get...leaning toward 9F

There are still likely a decent amount of them out there, but they are discontinued.
    pa1113 likes this.
    Ming 17.06 Copper
    Nomos Ahoi Bucherer Edition
    Oak & Oscar Ashland
    Oak & Oscar Jackson
    Panerai 535
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39 White
    Seiko SNE535

Doesn’t surprise me. ADs are at the mercy of the manufacturer (in this case GS) and if no more are sent out for whatever reason then the AD can’t sell it to you. I asked about a Polar at my Rolex AD and he just laughed at me. (Very politely of course)
    pa1113 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tacit View Post
    Saw the 243 at the AD and he told me he could get the 245 no problem in the US. Several Japanese dealers online selling them brand new. I'm sure there are plenty new floating around between GS boutiques and other showrooms in Japan.
    Yeah Iíve seen them online also - and he wasnít saying he couldnít get them at all - everything is available as we all know. Just that he couldnít get from Grand Seiko any more. Iíve just always loved the model and, actually, the amazing timekeeping and in-house quartz made it a perfect fit w my all auto Swiss collection. Seems it is true that itís not available from GS any more which I see as a good thing since I have one. Haha.

Yeah I’ve seen them online also - and he wasn’t saying he couldn’t get them at all - everything is available as we all know. Just that he couldn’t get from Grand Seiko any more. I’ve just always loved the model and, actually, the amazing timekeeping and in-house quartz made it a perfect fit w my all auto Swiss collection. Seems it is true that it’s not available from GS any more which I see as a good thing since I have one. Haha.

I would agree that it is probably ether discontinued or going to be discontinued shortly as GS has that new 3 hander movement that has an independent hour hand.

I don't think this is the last we have seen of that style/design. I suspect that GS is going to be revamping the line up so all the watches have the new movement. It would not be a surprise if a few months from now, this model is back up with the new movement that has an independent hour hand. It might be a new model number (like the old Seiko branded SBGX061 became the Grand Seiko branded SBGX261) but still the same looking watch. My AD says it is popular at his store because of the water resistance and screw down crown make it a good wear everywhere/outdoors(sport) watch.

Of course this new movement could allow some of the watches that are being replaced (like some of the SBGV models) to be got at a discount so that they can move the watches (like what they did with the Seiko Grand Seiko models)
    tacit likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast