Anyone interested in a Quartz SBGE?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bigbombula
  • 1 Post By ajbutler13

Thread: Anyone interested in a Quartz SBGE?

Anyone interested in a Quartz SBGE?

Hello All,

I am long time lurker who finally decided to make my first post. I recently purchased an SBGN005 and so far it has been a lovely watch.

Even though I enjoy the overall design of the SBGN series of watches I would prefer a more original GS gmt watch design. If GS made a quartz version of the SBGE with smaller dimensions that would make the perfect GMT watch in my opinion.

Since GS has a solid 9f gmt movement to work with it should be fairly easy to implement.

What do you guys and gals think?
    Mavrobasilis likes this.

Re: Anyone interested in a Quartz SBGE?

Hi

It’s certainly possible, but the SBGE201 occupies that space nicely, and there are already quite a number of 9f GMT’s.

I suppose the latest release of 9f divers does increase the likelihood though.

Berni

+1

Always liked the SBGE, I would go further if Citizen could come with a similar design and Ecodrive, I know where my EUR would go.

HAQ and solar best mates.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good choice if they made it.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Hello Berni29. The issue I have with current SBGE is that is too large. I love the overall design but I wish it was smaller. It would be nice if GS shrunk the sizes down to 39-40mm with a thickness of 12mm.

I do agree that GS does have quite a few gmt watches. A quartz version of the SBGE would directly compete with the new SBGN releases. I believe there would still be a market for it considering that it is unique design that does not borrow any obvious design elements from other watches. If GS made this watch I would buy it in a heart beat.

I like mine just fine the way it is:

Name:  august 15a rotated.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  118.6 KB

I wouldn't make it quartz and I wouldn't make it smaller.
    jandrese likes this.

Hello Aj. That is nice piece. I haven’t seen it before. Which model is it? I guess I should have been clearer in my original post. I was referring to the SBGE201 and derivative models which are rather large. If had large wrists I would certainly have no issue with the larger diameter watches that GS produces.

I totally understand that smaller quartz watches are not for everyone. I would like to add a spring drive to my collection sometime in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbombula View Post
    Hello Aj. That is nice piece. I haven’t seen it before. Which model is it? I guess I should have been clearer in my original post. I was referring to the SBGE201 and derivative models which are rather large. If had large wrists I would certainly have no issue with the larger diameter watches that GS produces.

I totally understand that smaller quartz watches are not for everyone. I would like to add a spring drive to my collection sometime in the near future.
    Thanks for the clarification (and the compliment). It's the SBGE205 and it's a great piece.

Thread Information