Grand Seiko Spring Bars

Thread: Grand Seiko Spring Bars

Grand Seiko Spring Bars

Greetings

In a couple of months spring will be upon us, Once the weather gets warm, my wrist swells and metal bracelets that I had sized when it is cold are too tight to wear.

I got my Grand Seiko SBGN009 back in late Oct when the weather was getting cold and it was sized for this. The watch fits well right now. It will be too tight in the spring/summer. I am not interested in playing the move the links around game to get the correct summer size only to have to do it again in the winter.

I plan on using the watch on a nice nylon 2 piece strap in the summer and the bracelet in the winter.

Now even though the watch has 20mm lugs, being that it has a bracelet, I suspect the spring bars are actually 19mm (like a lot of braceleted watches) based on past Seiko experience.

For spring bars, can I simply use a normal 20mm spring bar that I get from my watchmaker's place or is there some over priced/mystical GS Spring bar that I need?

Thanks

Re: Grand Seiko Spring Bars

You should be able to, IMHO.

Thankfully, if you need to adjust them up or down, it is an easy event with a good spring bar tool.

I like the spring bars from either esslinger.com or ofrei.com if you go aftermarket, and always try to get at least the 1.8mm.

Good luck.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

You should be OK with normal springbars. Just don’t use cheap ones - I wouldn’t like to think of my GS hanging off a couple of cheapies.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I usually use these fat spring bars for my NATO straps.

https://www.crownandbuckle.com/fat-s...bars-20mm.html

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Halios Seaforth Bronze; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Nomos Tangente 35; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Silver Archetype One; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Thread Information