WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Grand Seiko watch event at Topper Fine Jewelers on Friday April 1st, 2016- Final Details

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Sparrowhawk 
#1 · (Edited)
Our Grand Seiko Event is on for Friday afternoon in the store from 1:30 to 6:30. The last time we had a Grand Seiko Master Craftsman in the store, his area of expertise was Spring Drive models. This time we are excited to welcome Mr. Satoshi Hiraga, a Master Craftsman who specializes in automatic Grand Seiko movements (9S Series). While we had hoped to show the samples from Baselworld 2016, the samples that are coming to the U.S. will not have cleared customs in time. We will reschedule the showing of these novelties as a separate event . This event will feature Mr. Hiraga assembling and disassembling some of Grand Seiko's most celebrated calibers.

While the official invite asks to RSVP, it isn't required to attend the event. We hope to see a lot of Grand Seiko enthusiasts. Please feel free to bring items for Mr. Hiraga to sign. Like last time, we will be offering the book "Grand Seiko Through Three Photograher's eyes" with the purchase or pre-order of any Grand Seiko at the event. Japanese inspired hors d'oeuvres and cocktails will be served at the event

Meet Mr. Satoshi Hiraga

Grand Seiko Master Craftsman

Topper Jewelers and Grand Seiko invite you to immerse yourself
in an afternoon of Japanese culture and fine watchmaking.
Experience a rare demonstration of the intricate watchmaking process
by a Grand Seiko Master Craftsman from Japan.
Mr. Hiraga, Grand Seiko's Chief Watchmaker of the Caliber 9S series, began his career with Seiko in 1989.
In 1995, he was named winner of the Japan National Skills Competition in watchmaking. In 2015 Mr. Hiraga received
his certification from the Japanese Government as "Contemporary Master Craftsman" in 2015. He will be assembling a Grand Seiko Mechanical movement.
Japanese inspired hors d'oeuvres and cocktails will be served.

Friday, April 1st
1:30 PM - 6:30 PM

1315 Burlingame Avenue
Burlingame, CA 94010
(888) 730-2221
Kindly RSVP to russ@topperjewelers.com or info@topperjewelers.com

See less See more
#4 ·
Can I just say how wonderful it is that you guys hold a GS event like this every year. I only wish something like that were done here in Australia...

#7 ·
Yeh i fully envy US ... unlike Singapore ... I got 2 HB GS, 1 SD 008 TUNA and a TUNA 016
Nothing signed for me as a SEIKO fan ...

I notice many in other thread do not buy from Topper and prefer to buy from japan AD ... can they still go to such event ?
Absolutely. If you were here you would have been welcomed and had the opportunity to have the instruction manuals of both of your hi beats signed by Mr. Hiraga.

Thanks to everyone who came out for the event. The video that Michael gave the link to is a demonstration about SPRON Hair Springs and how their properties differ from traditional metal hair springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.