GS SBGN GMT owners...give me your pros and cons
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: GS SBGN GMT owners...give me your pros and cons

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Smile GS SBGN GMT owners...give me your pros and cons

Iím seriously considering picking up a GS SBGN005. I found what I think is a good deal and that just pushed me a little closer. As always itís nice to hear from actual owners, especially after they have had the watch a while, on what their thoughts are now about the watch. What pros and cons does the watch have? What would you change, if anything, about the watch? Have you tried it on straps, and if so, which did you prefer?

Im interested to hear some thoughts.

Thanks

Name:  E46B82BE-0AAD-4091-B069-9EA80F90B372.jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  44.5 KB
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Nice call City. I think you're moving in the right direction! I don't own any of the GMT's, but I am also leaning in that direction and am interested in the feedback.
    City74 likes this.
    Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV225, SBGV205, SBGT241
    Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot
    Sinn: LE 556i
    Longines: Conquest V.H.P.
    Casio Oceanus : OCW-S100
    G Shock: GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-1, GX-56BB, GW-M5610MW-7JF, GW-B5600BC-1ER, GW-B5600-2ER, GW-B5600HR-1

Re: GS SBGN GMT owners...give me your pros and cons

I have an SBGN001 - I would definitely buy it again.
    Lume could be better, that's the only complaint. Size, finish, comfort, accuracy, looks - all great.
    City74 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

^^^

I would think the GS lume would be the normal Seiko greatness?

It is a great looking watch. I have not had the GMT but have a Springdrive and had a number of other GS's over the years.

Excellent watch, pretty much any model. Some are very large and heavy, some smaller, but every one that I have owned has always impressed me with it's quality.

You notice right away the awesome fit and finish in the case and bracelet. The dials are all super deep in terms of color and impact it has on the overall look of the watch. Easy to wear with almost anything.

I have a thing for JDM watches, so lots of experience with GS stuff. Into the higher end Citizen offerings currently.

It never stops and it never gets less expensive........

Good luck. The one you are considering looks really sweet.
    City74 and Commisar like this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    I’m seriously considering picking up a GS SBGN005. I found what I think is a good deal and that just pushed me a little closer. As always it’s nice to hear from actual owners, especially after they have had the watch a while, on what their thoughts are now about the watch. What pros and cons does the watch have? What would you change, if anything, about the watch? Have you tried it on straps, and if so, which did you prefer?

Im interested to hear some thoughts.

Thanks
    I had the 003.

The watch, simply put is just great. decent size to have enough wrist presence but never obtrusive. The look is very versatile and can easily go with just about any outfit. It's really a gentlemen's adventure watch in the same vein as the Rolex Ex II. The shiny bits probably will keep you from wanting to use it that way but I think this watch would excel in that format.

It is one of the few GS that shines on straps other than the OEM bracelet. I prefered wearing it on a simple 2-stitch leather strap. Natos work great too. If you use IG my feed there has plenty of pics. The 9F movement is more than awesome. The glossy black dial on my 003 is so deep and black.

Really no negatives other than the microscopic bracelet screws. Truly the smallest I have ever seen on a watch bracelet.

I sold it because I now have 2 other 9F watches and too much overlap between all 3 so something had to give.
    Commisar likes this.
    IG: ikeepgoodtime

Quote Originally Posted by Alter Egon View Post
    I have an SBGN001 - I would definitely buy it again.
    Lume could be better, that's the only complaint. Size, finish, comfort, accuracy, looks - all great.
    Iím surprised by that. Seiko usually has great lume. With that being said, lume isnít important to me so not a deal breaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Commisar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    ^^^

I would think the GS lume would be the normal Seiko greatness?

It is a great looking watch. I have not had the GMT but have a Springdrive and had a number of other GS's over the years.

Excellent watch, pretty much any model. Some are very large and heavy, some smaller, but every one that I have owned has always impressed me with it's quality.

You notice right away the awesome fit and finish in the case and bracelet. The dials are all super deep in terms of color and impact it has on the overall look of the watch. Easy to wear with almost anything.

I have a thing for JDM watches, so lots of experience with GS stuff. Into the higher end Citizen offerings currently.

It never stops and it never gets less expensive........

Good luck. The one you are considering looks really sweet.
    Thanks for all the info

Nokie and Commisar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    I had the 003.

The watch, simply put is just great. decent size to have enough wrist presence but never obtrusive. The look is very versatile and can easily go with just about any outfit. It's really a gentlemen's adventure watch in the same vein as the Rolex Ex II. The shiny bits probably will keep you from wanting to use it that way but I think this watch would excel in that format.

It is one of the few GS that shines on straps other than the OEM bracelet. I prefered wearing it on a simple 2-stitch leather strap. Natos work great too. If you use IG my feed there has plenty of pics. The 9F movement is more than awesome. The glossy black dial on my 003 is so deep and black.

Really no negatives other than the microscopic bracelet screws. Truly the smallest I have ever seen on a watch bracelet.

I sold it because I now have 2 other 9F watches and too much overlap between all 3 so something had to give.
    I have a feeling if I get one it would spend most of its time either on canvas or leather.

Once question, does it wear large or small or true to size?

Commisar likes this.

I’m surprised by that. Seiko usually has great lume. With that being said, lume isn’t important to me so not a deal breaker

It's not the quality but quantity - you don't get much lume on the hands and markers and night time visibility is rather weak comparing to divers. This is the price for that despite lumed hands and indexes GS is still a very elegant and beautifully finished watch.
    City74 and bam49 like this.

I have a feeling if I get one it would spend most of its time either on canvas or leather.

Once question, does it wear large or small or true to size?

Generally speaking true to size but my honest first impression was that it wore small.

Here is is next to a 37.2 mm GS which tends to wear large because of the chunky lugs but the SBGN003 felt very similar to that one.

City74 likes this.
    IG: ikeepgoodtime

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information