WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Just picked up an SBGR289

7K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Credordude 
#1 ·
Visiting HK and found this at a major watch AD, they offered me a reasonable discount too.

I was so close to going more high end with the SBGH high beat varients but I really like this 37mm case on my smaller wrist. Plus the dial is just beautiful, reminds me of some of the limited editon dials that are priced way out of my limit.

This doesn't seem to be a very popular model, is it because people focus more on high beat and spring drive?

The dial texture and color doesn't show up well in photos.
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Wrist Hand Ring Fashion accessory Jewellery

Wrist Watch Arm Fashion accessory Analog watch
Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

See less See more
#2 ·
Beautiful, and nice choice! It is the best size for your wrist.

#5 ·
Yes it's a little disproportionately thick but coming from my MM300 I'm not bothered ^.^;

The other thing is the crown isn't set in to the case like on larger models, would prefer if it was inset deeper but overall I'm really happy with it. Let's see if it sticks, that's always the question in this hobby lol 😂

Also is this an Asia only model? I don't see it listed on Grand Seiko USA website.

#13 ·
Visiting HK and found this at a major watch AD, they offered me a reasonable discount too.

I was so close to going more high end with the SBGH high beat varients but I really like this 37mm case on my smaller wrist. Plus the dial is just beautiful, reminds me of some of the limited editon dials that are priced way out of my limit.

This doesn't seem to be a very popular model, is it because people focus more on high beat and spring drive?

The dial texture and color doesn't show up well in photos.
View attachment 13823767
View attachment 13823769
View attachment 13823771 View attachment 13823773
Is thr striping on the indices vertical (along the long direction) or horizontal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.