Which LE: T241 or the brand new N009
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Which LE: T241 or the brand new N009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I was at the GS boutique yesterday and tried the new SBGN009......the color combo - blue / green, yellow, silver - really blew me away, strongly resisted pulling out my card to buy it there. I actually went in since the guys showed SBGT241 available on their website. They did have the SBGV238, but thats too dressy for my mostly-jeans wardrobe. He is getting the SBGT241 from another boutique in the next couple of days for me to try both.

While I will let my gut (probably) drive the decision, wanted to get opinions from people that have both the T241 and N009 - Which one would you buy in this case? The cost for them do not vary by much, so that is not a criteria for me.
    This is my grail (9F), and I am buying it for keeps - don't plan to swap it later. Maybe a Spring Drive couple of years later, if I indulge.

Re: Which LE: T241 or the brand new N009

Own both? That's a tall order. Both are LEs. I hope someone responds. That would be a dope combination. My 009 arrives tomorrow.

The SBGT241 is "old" stock, you should be able to get a better deal there because battery will run out in the coming year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I got my first GS a few weeks ago. That said, the gmt makes it harder to read. If you do not think you will use the gmt, you might not want a gmt watch. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Nokie likes this.
    The watch I'm currently wearing is my favorite...

Saw your other post also, will check back there for pics!!

That is a good point!!
    Interestingly the AD had most of the watches unwound on display. He turned on the Spring Drive only when I asked him to show the sweeping hand. But you never know :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chingoo View Post
    The SBGT241 is "old" stock, you should be able to get a better deal there because battery will run out in the coming year.

I have the sbgt241. I think it depends on what you're looking for in your purchase that will determine which is better suited for you. The sbgt241 is dressier and not as sporty and I find myself babyung it a bit sometimes, while the GMT I think could serve as a great everyday watch.
    Also, what differentiates them? They're both beautifully finished and +-5 spy, so you're not going to choose one over the other in regards to that, but what makes the sbgt241 standout in my opinion is its gorgeous bracelet, day-date, its dial pattern and easter egg, along with its screw down crown.
    The GMT has the GMT complication, the gold lettering amd GMT hand, the retro quartz logo background, and a gorgeous blue dial.
    For me, I don't like the c and balls background, but to each their own.
    In summation, if you're looking for everyday or for a practical purpose like travelling I'd get the GMT, butif not, I would grab the sbgt241 for that amazing bracelet alone.
    Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV225, SBGV205, SBGT241
    Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot
    Sinn: LE 556i
    Longines: Conquest V.H.P.
    Seiko: Blue Coral Monster
    Casio Oceanus : OCW-s100
    G Shock: GMW-b5000, GX-56bb, GW-b5600

I travel on work occasionally. GMT will more help me track time of a customer when I don't travel. But the colored GMT hand is one of the attractive things of 009.

Quote Originally Posted by bobs100 View Post
    I got my first GS a few weeks ago. That said, the gmt makes it harder to read. If you do not think you will use the gmt, you might not want a gmt watch. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    bobs100 likes this.

I am a sucker for textured dials, which is what got me to T241. The other GS SD and automatics with textured dials are out of my reach for now.
    The stock pics show the C&B on 009 vividly, but IRL it was not that easily seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jones82 View Post
    I have the sbgt241. I think it depends on what you're looking for in your purchase that will determine which is better suited for you. The sbgt241 is dressier and not as sporty and I find myself babyung it a bit sometimes, while the GMT I think could serve as a great everyday watch.
    Also, what differentiates them? They're both beautifully finished and +-5 spy, so you're not going to choose one over the other in regards to that, but what makes the sbgt241 standout in my opinion is its gorgeous bracelet, day-date, its dial pattern and easter egg, along with its screw down crown.
    The GMT has the GMT complication, the gold lettering amd GMT hand, the retro quartz logo background, and a gorgeous blue dial.
    For me, I don't like the c and balls background, but to each their own.
    In summation, if you're looking for everyday or for a practical purpose like travelling I'd get the GMT, butif not, I would grab the sbgt241 for that amazing bracelet alone.

Hi

Both these watches are really nice. I guess the 009 shades it for versatility. Plus the colour and GMT function are so nicely executed.

Would go great with jeans.

I’m going to wear my SBGN007 with shorts and a green T-shirt tonight.

Berni

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information