SBGA211 Titanium Bracelet
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SBGA211 Titanium Bracelet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SBGA211 Titanium Bracelet

First time poster on GS boards.

I recently picked up a GS snowflake second hand and when I received the watch, the bracelet fit me perfectly (winter/cold weather). Now as things heat up in Chicago, I noticed the bracelet was fitting looser than desired.

I removed a half link and reinstalled and it fits pretty snug. The lack of micro adjustments are a discussion for another day.

I noticed the the pin doesnít screw in. It just pushes through. As Iím wearing the watch, the pin pokes out from time to time.

I assume I did something incorrectly when installing, but canít figure out what.

Any help to make sure the pin stays in its spot would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: SBGA211 Titanium Bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban Diver View Post
    First time poster on GS boards.

I recently picked up a GS snowflake second hand and when I received the watch, the bracelet fit me perfectly (winter/cold weather). Now as things heat up in Chicago, I noticed the bracelet was fitting looser than desired.

I removed a half link and reinstalled and it fits pretty snug. The lack of micro adjustments are a discussion for another day.

I noticed the the pin doesn’t screw in. It just pushes through. As I’m wearing the watch, the pin pokes out from time to time.

I assume I did something incorrectly when installing, but can’t figure out what.

Any help to make sure the pin stays in its spot would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I'd stop wearing the watch for now because it sounds like you're missing a collar. Could be very dangerous if the link manages to become undone.

These bracelets run on the pin + collar system found in many other Seiko bracelets. Essentially, there's a small collar that fits into a hole in the link, and then the pin will be passed through that collar once you assemble the links together.

Be very careful because they're tiny and easily lost!

Name:  D385AG-LK00-3.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  35.2 KB
    jandrese likes this.

If youíre in Chicago, might want to pay a visit to Sydel and Sydel in the Loop area, theyíre a GS dealer and will be able to help you. If a part is broken they can get you a new one as well.

Iíve also adjusted my bracelets with folks around the Jewelerís row (small watch repair shops) without an issue.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would agree, you are likely missing a collar for that pin. The pin should not budge if the collar is correctly in place.

Also keep in mind the half links are not actually exactly half a full link, but rather slightly larger than half a link (around 3/4 if i recall). Two half links together are slightly larger than a single full link on its own. So if it is too loose originally and too snug after removing a half link, then you actually get more adjustment by removing another half and adding a full link, or adding back in two halfs and removing a full link.

Thanks for all the help. Missing a collar makes sense. I wasnít looking for it and maybe itís on the cloth I used.

Also, thanks for the help with the 1/2 link full link. Iíll mix them around and see if I can find a better fit!

Thanks again, appreciate all the useful info!
    Dave

yes, that collar can easily vanish if you're not paying close attention during the pin
    adjustment phase. don't gamble your nice watch further by continuing to wear the
    watch. that said, after mixing and matching links last week, my sbga011 is just
    perfect and I'm not even quibbling about that bracelet design not featuring micro-
    adjustments. as long as you're not using paper clip or punches but an actual
    screw type pin removal tool ($12 or so) this job is quite painless and quick to perform

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoufPosy View Post
    I'd stop wearing the watch for now because it sounds like you're missing a collar. Could be very dangerous if the link manages to become undone.

These bracelets run on the pin + collar system found in many other Seiko bracelets. Essentially, there's a small collar that fits into a hole in the link, and then the pin will be passed through that collar once you assemble the links together.

Be very careful because they're tiny and easily lost!

Name:  D385AG-LK00-3.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  35.2 KB
    I found one of the collars. The issue Iím having, I donít know what hole to put it in (thatís what she said?!)

Using the arrow as a reference, Iím going to put the pin back in the opposite direction of the arrow. Which section do I put the collar in? I was assuming the end section (not the middle) to let the pin pass all the way through. Unfortunately, the collar doesnít want to fit in any of the holes.

Any guidance?

I found one of the collars. The issue Iím having, I donít know what hole to put it in (thatís what she said?!)

Using the arrow as a reference, Iím going to put the pin back in the opposite direction of the arrow. Which section do I put the collar in? I was assuming the end section (not the middle) to let the pin pass all the way through. Unfortunately, the collar doesnít want to fit in any of the holes.

Any guidance?

This picture might be more helpful (the one above was just an example lifted off Google.)

One of the holes should be big enough for the collar to fit.

Actually, just check out this comprehensive guide to resizing the Snowflake's bracelet: https://www.watchprosite.com/seiko/h...61956.9142976/
    jandrese likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoufPosy View Post
    This picture might be more helpful (the one above was just an example lifted off Google.)

One of the holes should be big enough for the collar to fit.

Actually, just check out this comprehensive guide to resizing the Snowflake's bracelet: https://www.watchprosite.com/seiko/h...61956.9142976/
    Awesome! Thank you so much for the help!

Worked perfectly and diagram from link was super useful.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the help!

Worked perfectly and diagram from link was super useful.

Enjoy your Snowflake!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information