SBGX115 vs. Tudor North Flag
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: SBGX115 vs. Tudor North Flag

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I know posting this in the Grand Seiko forum it may be a one sided vote, but any help you can provide would be helpful. I am struggling between these two. Looking for a daily wear, stainless steel bracelet in the medium luxury price range. These two fit the bill quite nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DHPSU; November 18th, 2016 at 20:43.

Re: SBGX115 vs. Tudor North Flag

Those are both so very different a comparison will be fairly meaningless. You have a Swiss automatic mountaineer's watch with power reserve and date against a time-only Japanese quartz diver. Try them both on and buy the one that you like best.
    BadTrainDriver and samanator like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WindingMan View Post
    Those are both so very different a comparison will be fairly meaningless. You have a Swiss automatic mountaineer's watch with power reserve and date against a time-only Japanese quartz diver. Try them both on and buy the one that you like best.
    I did, several times. Still confused. Just looking for a little clarity to help me go one way or the other.

Last edited by DHPSU; November 18th, 2016 at 23:43.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DHPSU View Post
    I did, several times. Still confused. Just looking for a little clarity to help me go one way or the other.

In that case I'd actually suggest waiting and buying neither at this point. Last thing you want to do is regret the decision and end up flipping it for a loss in a year or so. Act in a few months if you still have an itch for one or the other.

Personally I'd go for the diver between these two. The Tudor has more useful complications for a daily wearer, but the GS is the more interesting watch. It's better made, more accurate, will require substantially less servicing over time, and a white dial on a diver is unusual and rather lovely.
    tincob, Dorian Galt and J-Rock121 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WindingMan View Post
    In that case I'd actually suggest waiting and buying neither at this point. Last thing you want to do is regret the decision and end up flipping it for a loss in a year or so. Act in a few months if you still have an itch for one or the other.

Personally I'd go for the diver between these two. The Tudor has more useful complications for a daily wearer, but the GS is the more interesting watch. It's better made, more accurate, will require substantially less servicing over time, and a white dial on a diver is unusual and rather lovely.
    Thank you! I have been leaning that way, heavily. But I tried the North Flag on again today and it felt really good. I guess there is room for both eventually.

Los Angeles.... Originally from the land down under

As stated they are so different its hard to compare with out just pointing out the huge differences.

The quartz will be lower maintain and significantly more accurate over its life time, but its a quart sweep. The GS execution was impressive when I tried it on and the brushed bracelet / 42mm size is perfect.
    The note flag looks like a fun everyday wearer though the power indicator isn't of much use on a daily wearer as its always fully charged ( i have one on my diver).

The note flag will wear smaller and lighter..... if you have small wrists that may be important.
    Plus it has a date function.

The dive bezel gives the practical benefit of a timing function which I find useful.

Id sit on the purchase another month and see which one sings to you when you go back in to look at them again.
    Last edited by matthew P; November 19th, 2016 at 02:50.
    Rolex 2016 Explorer . Doxa Poseidon . Omega MoonWatch . Junghans Max Bill

The Seiko is slightly less ugly but its giant size disqualifies it. Save your

Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    The Seiko is slightly less ugly but its giant size disqualifies it. Save your
    Suggestions?

Without a doubt SBGX115. North Flag does nothing for me. But if you throw in Black Bay then Black Bay > SBGX115!

I actually like both watches a lot. I'm a big fan of no date divers and I like the integrated h link bracelet on the north flag. Tried on the north flag and it fit me well. Tough choice but in the end I'd go with the Tudor for its unique looks. Not everyone's cup of tea for sure.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information