Should I buy a 9F?
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Should I buy a 9F?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Should I buy a 9F?

Hi:
    I became interested in GS a few months ago. I neverthought I’d be a “quartz guy” but after all the reading I’ve done on the 9F Iam tempted to add it to my collection. I am fortunate to have an authorized GSdealer in my area. I just struggle with paying around $3,000 for a new quartzwatch. Just wondering from any 9Fers here if its worth it ?

Thank you

Re: Should I buy a 9F?

Yes, you should consider it.

I have sold all but one of my mechanicals off. Tired of the fuss & fragility-- yes, even for the so-called "tool" mechanical watches. A good bash into a door jamb and it's off to service they must go. Also, got tired of having them stop in storage and I don't like winders.

Also consider Citizen 0100 movement, the most accurate self-contained watch movement ever made in history.

IMO the 9F is more than worth the $3000 price tag. The 9F is just a completely different beast.
    RyCheDay likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RyCheDay View Post
    ...I just struggle with paying around $3,000 for a new quartzwatch. ...
    There's your answer right there. You either like it or you don't it's simple as that.
    Personally I think no watch purchase should come with a compromise. Our opinion be damned.
    dwalby likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tomchicago View Post
    Yes, you should consider it.

I have sold all but one of my mechanicals off. Tired of the fuss & fragility-- yes, even for the so-called "tool" mechanical watches. A good bash into a door jamb and it's off to service they must go. Also, got tired of having them stop in storage and I don't like winders.

Also consider Citizen 0100 movement, the most accurate self-contained watch movement ever made in history.
    Seriously? What kind of tool watch requires a service because of a "bash into a door jamb?" Do enlighten us so we know what to avoid.

I can understand the convenience of quartz over mechanical, it's a preference. To each their own I guess.

I love having a 9F watch. My two main ‘go-to’ watches are the Seamaster 300MC and the 9F GMT (SBGN007). The finishing on the GS is just spectacular, I love that GS puts the same effort into their mechanical and quartz pieces. I also really enjoy the accuracy. I’ve had it for over a year, and it’s still bang on. But I also never really had anything against quartz. My only concern at purchase is whether the movement was built to last and eventually be serviced, or whether it was built to be thrown out. The 9F is the former.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RyCheDay likes this.

Question should be ‘which 9F should I buy’.

Seriously though, they are a pure class act.

If you have a collection and you swap daily, it’s so nice to have a GS 9F to grab and go.

Recently got a SNGN005 after years of luxury Swiss automatics, and GS does not disappoint, but really impresses.
    Rolexxzs, RyCheDay, jvi1 and 1 others like this.

There's a new 9F movement that was just announced. Seems like it's a nice upgrade. Not many watches with it at the moment but more will surely appear over time.
    BarracksSi likes this.

Yes. Come on man, this is the GS forum. GS make all watches with the same effort no matter the movement. Not many watches can claim fine hand finishing and best in class performance. GS 9F quartz is the best of the best.

Another person mentioned Citizen HAQ watches. Also amazing but use a different take on quartz. GS is the best at one type of quartz, Citizen the best at another.
    RyCheDay likes this.

I wouldn't rule out a watch I like because of 9F. It seems their most wearable casual-sports pieces are 9F.

However, I would encourage you to do a bit more research and include spring drive in your reading. I ended up going with spring drive and getting a dressyish sports watch (kirazuri). At the moment, spring drive casual-sports are a little chunky but I have hope that will improve this year. Maybe, maybe not. But this is a big year for GS (60th anniversary) so if you don't need to buy a GS watch right now, wait a little.
    RyCheDay likes this.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information