Archimede Outdoor Review
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By thedern

Thread: Archimede Outdoor Review

Picture Archimede Outdoor Review

I am new to this site and this is my first attempt at a review so it will be brief but I hope somewhat informative. Now to the mini review…

I have spent the last week with my new Archimede Outdoor and I must say that I am impressed. I had been looking at this watch for nearly a year going back and forth over if it was a good match for me. My initial concerns were the size (39 mm) and the lack of rotating bezel which may sound silly but I use the bezels on my watches all the time for various timing tasks (exercising, cooking, etc)

I found the watch on Watchmann.com as a sale item. I suppose it is a last generation model as it is the white dial, non-protect which are no longer listed on the Archimede website. For this reason the price was too compelling to pass up. So it passed the first test, a great deal was had!
    When I opened the box I was a little concerned over how small it seemed. My other watches are all divers 42mm and lager.

· Victorinox Dive Master 500
    · Glycine Combat Sub
    · Tag Aquaracer
    · Marathon Jumbo Day Date
    · A few hockey puck sized older G-shocks

Putting it on, at around 70 grams, it feels like it is not even there which took some getting used to. The "Outdoor" moniker and description on the site invites one to go be active and not worry about the watch. With that in mind, so far so good. I have been working out with it on as well as doing my normal trail runs and I forget it’s there. My other watches bang around on my wrist as a constant reminder of their presence. Further, given that size and weight, I tend NOT to bang it on things like I do my Victorinox Dive Master 500 which is my usual go-to workout/yardwork/beater.

The lume is pretty amazing. It seems to charge almost instantly in any light source and lasts a good while. The lume brightness and longevity on the Archimede far exceeds those on the Dive Master and Glycine, they are not in same ballpark. Of course I can’t fairly compare it to the Marathon due to it being tritium, but it holds its own until the charge runs out which takes a long while.

The strap is leather and has a brushed buckle matching the case. It seems to be pretty water resistant as I have not shielded it from being submersed. The width is “20mm” but the lugs are only “18mm” so to replace it with a nato, one would have to go down a size. It is pretty pliant and soft out of the box so there is no break in period due to stiffness. Its comfortable, I like it.

As far as time keeping is concerned, the watch is pretty accurate but I always set my watches 5 mins ahead so I am not the best judge of pinpoint accuracy. “If you are on time, you are late”, is how I was raised. I will keep tabs on this over the next few days/weeks and see what time is gained or lost.

In summary, this was a great purchase and I am glad I took the chance. I like the 39mm size so much that I recently placed my seldom used 46mm Marathon up for sale. Given my active lifestyle, the Archimede size and weight is pretty close to perfect for me. Thanks for reading my first rambling review. I hope that it may be useful to some other diver’s fans concerned over trying a smaller watch.

Name:  20150619_105746.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  1.05 MBName:  20150615_213622.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  537.7 KBName:  20150615_165154.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  1.08 MB
    Bebber, Bobblehead, OPIC and 3 others like this.

Re: Archimede Outdoor Review

Nice write up, I've always thought that was a super clean design.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Omega Seamaster 300 Pro 2254.50
    KonTiki 4 Hands chrono
    Seiko "Planet Shogun"
    Seiko SKX031 Jubilee
    Citizen BL5250 titan eco
    Sandoz Sub / Diver Two Tone

Nice review and pictures. Love the way the watch is back lit.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love her ! She'll be mine, but the white is no more offer, where did you found her ?

Watchmann.com had it on sale. It was last year's model as it is not an "Outdoor Protect" but simply an "Outdoor". I believe there are a few white dials on the forum for sale right now.

Its movement used to be ETA2824 but too bad that now it's using SW200.

Awesome dial!

Great review. Keep meaning to order one of these.. Was going to get the black dial one but yours with the full lume dial looks superb, so it may be that one I go for now. Thanks!

Good info and nice review. Thanks.

Banned

Nice shot. thank you for the review.

Thread Information