BALTIC Aquascaphe - Loves and Hates - Pictures - Page 6
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: BALTIC Aquascaphe - Loves and Hates - Pictures

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: BALTIC Aquascaphe - Loves and Hates - Pictures

I think the all brushed case works well with the Aquascaphe, as the brushed is not too coarse so it's fine - it fits the period time (mid-century) design it was going after. As for the strap I think it fits a wide variety of straps colors leather, nato, etc. It's actually quite versatile but maybe that's why me.

Wore this 5 days straight last week.
    Name:  00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200128115232500_COVER_Snapseed.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  3.73 MB
    nurpur likes this.
    @twomanywrist

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtension View Post
    I think the all brushed case works well with the Aquascaphe, as the brushed is not too coarse so it's fine - it fits the period time (mid-century) design it was going after. As for the strap I think it fits a wide variety of straps colors leather, nato, etc. It's actually quite versatile but maybe that's why me.

Wore this 5 days straight last week.
    I guess the side brushing is a personal thing - it does not work for me.

When I am looking to buy a new watch I don't really bother to read the back story.
    It does not matter to me if they were trying do to do this or that. All that matters to me is if
    the design looks pleasing. We all know that pictures posted by the company is going to show off the watch
    at its best and it is not possible to know 100% if it will look the same once you have it on your wrist.
    And usually it does not look the same. This is a prime reason for watches being flipped within days of buyers
    receiving them. And that's the way it is with online shopping.

The black dial Baltic looked great with just about any strap - as most black dialled divers do. But the blue dial
    does not go with as many strap colour combinations.

I also think it will match the bracelet. As it is they don't look completely matched with the polished surface
    on the central BOR

All of these comments are personal and I like the watch enough to plug away with it including modding/polishing
    the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by nurpur View Post
    Thats a good result. Agree that the QC should have been better, especially as the claim from Baltic is that they hand tune each movement.
    Did they say what was the issue/repair? Also did you have to pay to mail it back or did they cover that? Perhaps other can chime in with
    their experiences on timekeeping etc.

Review Update

I have been reconsidering some of the negatives of the Aquascaphe and decided to repurchase the blue dial version in order to see
    if that variant would be more wearable than the cream version. Will keep you posted once I have it.
    No, they never said what the issue was. They returned a thermal piece of paper showing testing results (after the repair I guess) which showed how the watch was keeping time and also the pressure test. At first when I unpacked the watch and saw only that, I was concerned that they just had tested it and had not performed any repairs (as the watch was keeping good time before when wound - it just would not stay wound). But my concerns were for nothing after a day or two, as it became apparent that they did in fact repair the issue and the watch has performed flawlessly as far as staying wound.

And no, I paid nothing to ship it to them or get it back. They sent me a paid shipping label and all I had to do was pack/box it up and then they shipped it back to me pre-paid too.
    nurpur likes this.
    The Gigantor Speedmaster clock says hi...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLEDEAN View Post
    No, they never said what the issue was. They returned a thermal piece of paper showing testing results (after the repair I guess) which showed how the watch was keeping time and also the pressure test. At first when I unpacked the watch and saw only that, I was concerned that they just had tested it and had not performed any repairs (as the watch was keeping good time before when wound - it just would not stay wound). But my concerns were for nothing after a day or two, as it became apparent that they did in fact repair the issue and the watch has performed flawlessly as far as staying wound.

And no, I paid nothing to ship it to them or get it back. They sent me a paid shipping label and all I had to do was pack/box it up and then they shipped it back to me pre-paid too.
    That's a good result and it looks as if it all went smoothly and quickly

Experimenting on different straps. This one with curved lug ends does not look too bad?

Last edited by nurpur; 1 Week Ago at 17:59.

Have been scouring pictures online and had a question for you owners out there. I'm drawn to this piece in part because it seems like a nice simpler alternative to the Oris Diver Sixty-five. In particular, I like the cream/black variant, but am wondering how much the gilding on the blue dial adds just that little bit of "pop", and how pronounced the blue is in day-to-day wear. I have a few blue watches, and among my favorites is the Sinn 903 BE, which is a deep midnight blue that in many circumstances almost appears black, but in the right light gives the splash of color.

So, for cream/black owners, do you think the piece is too understated and plain? For the blue owners, how pronounced is the color. I'm trying to find the perfect balance with something attractive + gently eye-catching without being blingy.

Thanks in advance for your insights, all.
    nurpur likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by krubin View Post
    Have been scouring pictures online and had a question for you owners out there. I'm drawn to this piece in part because it seems like a nice simpler alternative to the Oris Diver Sixty-five. In particular, I like the cream/black variant, but am wondering how much the gilding on the blue dial adds just that little bit of "pop", and how pronounced the blue is in day-to-day wear. I have a few blue watches, and among my favorites is the Sinn 903 BE, which is a deep midnight blue that in many circumstances almost appears black, but in the right light gives the splash of color.

So, for cream/black owners, do you think the piece is too understated and plain? For the blue owners, how pronounced is the color. I'm trying to find the perfect balance with something attractive + gently eye-catching without being blingy.

Thanks in advance for your insights, all.
    I have owned the Black/Cream version and ended up not liking it much. The issue was the textured dial not reflecting back anything. The cream markers just turned really lifeless. I dont know how the Black/white will wear as I have not seen one in the metal. I took a chance that the blue dial might work out better - and it did. The gloss on the dial gives it life. I was originally concerned about the dial being too blue for my tastes. But that was goo as well. In most lights it looks black with the hint of blue in the light. The Gilt paint on the track and around the markers is probably the best subtle detail that I love about this dial. So, yes I would recommend this version. Could they make it better. Yes. If the do the same dial in black sunburst and the gilt . That would be perfect.....Oh and they could polish the sides while they are at it!

A Baltic Aquascaphe, with a black dial (bright and smooth, with no "asphalt" finish), and with C3 as a lumen, would be perfect from my point of view

Anyway, now is very nice watch too
    "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted" (John Lennon)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread Information