Cincinnati Watch Co. – P-40M, Best New Pilot's Watch?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By SDGenius
  • 1 Post By Nokie
  • 1 Post By mjhuber
  • 1 Post By SDGenius

Thread: Cincinnati Watch Co. – P-40M, Best New Pilot's Watch?

Cincinnati Watch Co. – P-40M, Best New Pilot's Watch?

On this episode, we preview the P-40M from relative newcomer Cincinnati Watch Company. This watch was produced in Honor of an Oshkosh Grand Champion P-40M Restoration and in partnership with the Tri-State Warbird Museum, so a portion of every sale will benefit the restoration & preservation of WWII Aircraft. Which means apart from the excellent watch itself, their brand has quite a bit of cool factor as well. We all love a brand with a great story and in the case of the P-40M, the clean classic pilot watch aesthetic and execution are very nicely complimented with the genuine sentiment for the historical aircraft it draws inspiration from. A highlight for me is the scale of the watch, as it really hits a sweet spot in terms of balancing the data on the dial onto a timepiece that still makes a great everyday wrist watch. It would've been easy to make something similar in a 42mm width but I'm glad they chose to go with a more svelte 40.5mm scale, combine that with the still perfectly proportioned dial layout and you have all the makings of a classic. Let me know what you think in the comments below, thanks guys!
    Nokie and fish70 like this.
    Brellum - Monta - Sinn - Rado - Longines - Oris - Raymond Weil - Mido - Damasko - Eterna - Fortis - Beluga - Certina - Hamilton - Tissot - Edox - Christopher Ward - Seiko - Stowa - Ginault - Davosa - Squale - Zodiac - Zelos - Slow - Laco - Glycine - Nodus - Junkers - Dagaz - Raven - Armida - Bulova - Helson - Techné - Mercer - Victorinox - Braun - Orient - Marc & Sons - Onitsuka Tiger - Borealis - Smiths - Tiger Concepts - Nezumi Studios - Wancher - Invicta - Ticino - Tisell - Aramar - G-Shock - Meister - Timex

Re: Cincinnati Watch Co. – P-40M, Best New Pilot's Watch?

I really like it. Much more than I thought I would when I first started watching your video.

Great dial and great profile. Very nice for a niche watch, IMHO.
    SDGenius likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

As an aviation enthusiast, I find this a very interesting piece given the price, warbird connection, and cause! Also, thanks for your service, from a former Air Force sheet metal mechanic. You didn't happen to go through NAS Pensacola for your tech training, did you?
    SDGenius likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mjhuber View Post
    As an aviation enthusiast, I find this a very interesting piece given the price, warbird connection, and cause! Also, thanks for your service, from a former Air Force sheet metal mechanic. You didn't happen to go through NAS Pensacola for your tech training, did you?
    Thanks, you too. I wasn't a tech a was a Stinger Gunner, so I we went to Ft. Bliss for Stinger school. We did cross train with the Seals a small group of Seals there though who where also getting qualled on the stinger missile.
    mjhuber likes this.
    Brellum - Monta - Sinn - Rado - Longines - Oris - Raymond Weil - Mido - Damasko - Eterna - Fortis - Beluga - Certina - Hamilton - Tissot - Edox - Christopher Ward - Seiko - Stowa - Ginault - Davosa - Squale - Zodiac - Zelos - Slow - Laco - Glycine - Nodus - Junkers - Dagaz - Raven - Armida - Bulova - Helson - Techné - Mercer - Victorinox - Braun - Orient - Marc & Sons - Onitsuka Tiger - Borealis - Smiths - Tiger Concepts - Nezumi Studios - Wancher - Invicta - Ticino - Tisell - Aramar - G-Shock - Meister - Timex

Thread Information