Orient FER2400CN0 (Creme Bambino)
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Snor
  • 1 Post By sduford

Thread: Orient FER2400CN0 (Creme Bambino)

Orient FER2400CN0 (Creme Bambino)

Orient is probably one of the Watchuseek favourite affordables around. As a starting collector with just a few automatics it was time to try one of the famous Bambino's and do my first ever watch review! . Luckily my Birthday was coming up, and my girlfriend knows how much I love watches, so she already went ahead and picked one out. I knew the Bambino line but not this particular model, and boy did I fall for it.

Name:  IMG_8047.jpg
Views: 6708
Size:  202.0 KB

Movement: The movement is an ORIENT caliber 48743, the inexpensive in house movement that puts many famous brands to shame due to its low costs and reliability. It has a 40 hour power reserve and after wearing it for a week it keeps good time, well within 1 minute per week. The automatic winding mechanism works well but can be heard when moving. The watch cannot be hand wound, which is a major turn-off for me as topping up the power reserve means shaking your hands around like a maniac or an artist in a cheap rap video

Crystal:

The crystal is a beautiful domed crystal glass, love it or hate it. I certainly had to get used to it but now I love it. When looking at the edge of the dial, it gives it a 3d effect where the edges curve inwards and the centre really pops out.

Name:  IMG_8087.JPG
Views: 5595
Size:  190.5 KB

Dial:
    The dial is what makes this watch work, it has a beautiful vintage/classic look with the creme color and the silvered roman indexes. The orient logo which i dont really like actually does look good here and the writing on the face keeps the classic feel intact. The second markers around the dial make the face interesting instead of plain. All in all it looks very vintage, whether or not it is your taste. The date window is barely big enoughto contain the date, but this does limit the white surface. Since the 3rd hour marker is removed to accommodate the date window the symetrie is maintained, and it doesn't bother me. The blue hands look nice and have a nice sheen to them, however in low light conditions they will appear black.

Name:  IMG_8062.JPG
Views: 5537
Size:  201.1 KB

Case:

The case is 40mm with and is quite thin despite the domed crystal (about 12 mm, so it fits under a shirt cuff if needed). The stainless steel is nicely polished with a matte finish on the sides of the case, which gives a nice contrast.
    The back is nothing special but nonetheless a solid all stainless steel back with the orient logo. I particularly like the crown which has a nice solid size and is easy to use. However it does not have an engraved orient logo or anything on it. It is also water resistant to 30 meters.

Name:  IMG_8081.JPG
Views: 5355
Size:  187.0 KB

Strap:
    The strap is lacquered brown genuine leather with the orient buckle. it first appeared a bit too shiny but on the wrist it does look good and fits with the dial colour. the strap is nice and subtle, feels very good on the writst and seems to be of good quality. A big plus here!

Overall:
    + Domed crystal
    + interesting vintage dial
    + reliable automatic movement
    + very affordable reliable automatic <300$ (bought mine on discount)
    + Nice strap
    + Blue hands
    +- date window and roman numerals are personal taste
    - no hand wind
    - noisy rotor
    - plain steel back
    -its often not in stock

Overall i am very happy with this watch and can recommend it to everyone who likes this style. because of the style of the watch it can also be worn with multiple outfits from casual to not too formal dress occasions and business casual.

Now some more pictures!

Name:  IMG_8086.JPG
Views: 5269
Size:  195.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_8077.JPG
Views: 5339
Size:  227.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_8053.JPG
Views: 6767
Size:  201.7 KB

Re: Orient FER2400CN0 (Creme Bambino)

Very nice. Like the cream and blue hands combo very much.

Great pictures too.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks for the review, didn't know it was available with a cream dial and Roman numerals. Here's mine, white dial, rose gold, really nice watch for $180.
    Snor likes this.
    Archimede Pilot 42H, Chr.Ward C60 Trident Pro, Dan Henry 1964 GT, Hamilton Intra-Matic, Melbourne Flinders & Portsea, Orient Bambino, PerpetuaL R-01, Seiko's SRPC93 & SNE498, Szanto 1204, Traser H3 Classic Master, Vostok Amphibia, WUS F72 GMT.

Web: Crown & Rotor, IG: @crownandrotor FB: @crownandrotor

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hoi Snor,
    Nice review :) I live in Belgium, where can I get this watch??? (in Belgium or Nederland??)
    Today is a gift!

Quote Originally Posted by killbill View Post
    Hoi Snor,
    Nice review :) I live in Belgium, where can I get this watch??? (in Belgium or Nederland??)
    I bought it from seriouswatches.eu, its still in stock right now and my experience was good. the us version of serious watches also has it, buts its often out of stock :)

nice pics. I have the version with the white dial and rose gold indexes, but was considering recommending your version with the blue hands to a friend. this helps a lot

Thread Information