Refreshing micro brand: Martenero Kerrison Silver
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChrisGMT

Thread: Refreshing micro brand: Martenero Kerrison Silver

Smile Refreshing micro brand: Martenero Kerrison Silver

Hey there!

I got myself a summer watch and wanted to let you know about my positive surprise.

At WatchBandit I came across micro brand Martenero; Watches with a quite maritime flair, which appeals to me as a sailor immediately. I really like the models Edgemere Reserve, which remind me a little of Ulysse Nardin Marine Diver. However, I wanted something "cleaner" for the summer.

Martenero Edgemere Reserve dark blue and Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronometer annual calendar

My choice then was the Martenero Kerrison Silver - If I wouldn't have several blue dial watches already, it would have become the dark blue version. But I wanted something fresh for the summer and so the decision fell on a white dial. In the same breath, I've ordered a blue canvas - I'm more than happy with this decision, the original leather strap is a bit "squeaky" and the blue canvas complements the details of the watch perfectly. Not only with the color, but also with the brushed stainless steel elements and the clasp of the canvas.

Name:  Martenero_Kerrison_silver_Canvas_WB_Original.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  513.6 KB
    However, I find the details really refreshing: Second hand and minute markings are in light blue and the dial is almost white, but contains a hint of light blue - depending on how much light falls on it.

The 42 mm 316L stainless steel case is well finished. I particularly like the polished sides, which are wider at the lugs and the brushed surface runs together pointed. This makes the lugs and the entire watch look slimmer. The quality of the whole watch is really really nice and it makes a very solid impression.

Name:  IMG_2890.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  284.4 KB

Through the glass bottom you can see the Miyota 9015 swinging, which does an excellent job.

Name:  IMG_2896.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  258.4 KB

Conclusion:
    It's a really fun and casual summer watch The 50m water resistance is a bit low for such a maritime inspired watch, but it's rather the beach bar watch, than the adventure diving watch. Nonetheless I wouldn't be afraid to go swimming with it, the screw down crown (and the whole watch) feels pretty solid. The finish of the case is well made and gives the watch a nice form. The bright blue color is very refreshing and the whole printing is made really clean and perfect. The original leather strap isn't so nice, but it's the easiest thing to change the strap.

Last but not least, the technical informations:

Case:

• Stainless steel 316L
    • Sapphire crystal (front and back)
    • glass floor
    • Screwed crown
    • 50 meters water resistance (the screw down crown feels really solid)

Dimensions:

• 42 mm diameter
    • 50 mm bridge to bridge
    • 10.8 mm height
    • 20 mm web width

Movement:

• Japanese Miyota 9015 - automatic
    • 28,800 bph
    • 42 hours power reserve
    • 24 stones

Price:

• $595

Thank you for reading!
    NC_Hager626 likes this.

Re: Refreshing micro brand: Martenero Kerrison Silver

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your review on the Martenero Kerrison. I do like the white dial and almost turquoise blue colour of the second hand, hour markers and pips.

Enjoy your fun and casual summer watch.

Nice review and a very nice watch for the price. I like how they've customised the rotor too it's not often you see that on a Miyota with display case.

Does it have that famous Miyota rotor rattle?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice design with a decent price too

Thread Information