ROUE Watch Co. TPS Chrono
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By practicalwatch
  • 1 Post By practicalwatch

Thread: ROUE Watch Co. TPS Chrono

ROUE Watch Co. TPS Chrono

TPS Chronograph review

The world of micro brand watches in the past 3 years has seen an abundance of entries from many, many upstart watch company’s, some hit, but a lot of them miss, but in the case of ROUE Watch Company, they most certainly have HIT!!!

Their second entry into the micro watch game is the TPS Chronograph, inspired by the iconic PORSCHE 910 and powered by the reliable Seiko VK63 mecaquartz movement, and coming in under $300…make this a must have for fans of race car inspired watches.
    From the packaging and overall presentation, the good folks at ROUE Watch Company have taken the right steps in the evolution of their brand. The watch comes packaged in a grey watch roll along with an extra quick pin release rally strap, suede cleaning cloth and warranty card…as for the details of the watch, it’s all about the dial, the triple layer dial is well executed along with a tachymeter and pulsometer with 3 sub dials, making the functionality of the watch legible when the chronograph is activated. It’s a double domed K1 crystal with anti-reflective properties on the inside and sapphire coating on the outside, the light play on this is a pleasant surprise in any setting. Another great touch on the TPS, is the embossed 3-D case back with the PORSCHE 910 car, love it when a brand really pays attention to detail, my only complaint about the TPS, is the lack of lume, the printed Swiss lume is a tad weak, but that shouldn’t deter anyone from adding this awesome watch to their collection. As for wearability, this watch wears like a dream and is super comfortable on the wrist, the 40 mm case size with 20 mm lugs, are perfect, the proportions and geometry work flawlessly, other than that, this watch is a winner in my opinion, there are 3 different colorways to choose from, you have the classic panda, silver dial with black sub dials, all black dial, evil panda and blue dial with silver sub dials… at $290 USD, you get the proverbial bang for your buck with this purchase.

This is not a paid review, just wanted to share my thoughts.
    Hope you enjoyed my quick review of the TPS Chronograph and catch you on the next on.

Angel
    Team Practicalwatch
    Attached Images Attached Images

jatherly and NC_Hager626 like this.

Re: ROUE Watch Co. TPS Chrono

Thanks for posting, this has been on my radar since it came out and seeing it in the wild so to speak is really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jatherly View Post
    Thanks for posting, this has been on my radar since it came out and seeing it in the wild so to speak is really helpful.
    My pleasure man....it's a great piece for sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice review and pictures.

Good job.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

A nice overview and pics of the Roue Watch Co.'s and their Meca-quartz Chronographs - their watches do have a motor racing vibe. And probably my favourite aesthetically is their blue dial TPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Nice review and pictures.

Good job.
    Thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Hager626 View Post
    A nice overview and pics of the Roue Watch Co.'s and their Meca-quartz Chronographs - their watches do have a motor racing vibe. And probably my favourite aesthetically is their blue dial TPS.
    Thanks you, yes, love the overall aesthetics of the watch, it's well executed.
    NC_Hager626 likes this.

excellent review OP!
    Spent some time at their website -- cool brand, cool watches, nicely priced.
    Thanks for putting them on my radar!

Thread Information