Breitling, Rolex Replicas... any good at all??
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ron Engels

Thread: Breitling, Rolex Replicas... any good at all??

Breitling, Rolex Replicas... any good at all??

Like a lot of people, I unfortunately may never be able to afford my "dream watch" (name your favorite Breitling, Omega, Rolex, etc, here).

For me it's Breitling...=) That being said, I've recently been toying with the idea of pretending to own a Breitling...lol.

This raises the question: Are there any decent fakes out there? And are they worth owning? Or is it, as I suspect, just better to not tarnish the fantasy of a really, really cool watch with some knock-off!

Interested in what people think here...

sgav8r

Re: Breitling, Rolex Replicas... any good at all??

No they are not good.

If you want a good watch, you can look hard and you will find very nice and well built Seikos or Casios.

In the mean time, just try to save up for a nice watch, then waste your monney a on a fake.

Even if it suits you at first, it will brake quite fast, and it is illegal in most country to sell, or purchase.

Cheers / Pierre
    Last edited by pegase747; August 12th, 2007 at 11:38.

stuffler,mike

....and nothing to add.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you want a cheap Rolex lookalike, get an Alpha. Probably just as good as a fake Rolex and legal.

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

What Mike said.

But I might add that a budget once set is a target to meet which is motivation for most.
    You might surprise yourself and have a real one before you know it.
    [/end rant]
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Click to check for the correct time around the world..

Quote Originally Posted by sgav8r View Post
    Like a lot of people, I unfortunately may never be able to afford my "dream watch" (name your favorite Breitling, Omega, Rolex, etc, here).

For me it's Breitling...=) That being said, I've recently been toying with the idea of pretending to own a Breitling...lol.

This raises the question: Are there any decent fakes out there? And are they worth owning? Or is it, as I suspect, just better to not tarnish the fantasy of a really, really cool watch with some knock-off!

Interested in what people think here...

sgav8r

Dear sgav8r,

you've come to a place where people really love their watches. Some own Casio's, some Rolex's. But all of them own the real thing. So I'm afraid that you will find little appreciation for fakes here.
    The point is not if they are any good or not. They are pretending to be something they're not. I honestly believe that somenone that is really interested in watches (and not just as a fashion statement, or to impress other people) will never enjoy wearing a fake.
    My advice would be to find the perfect watch for you within your budget. There are great watches around for the price of reasonable fake. And then you'll own the real thing!

Kind regards,

Ron.

p.s.
    One of my favourite watches happens to be a Breitling that I bought years ago for 400 Euros. I spend about another 150 Euros to make it near perfect. I think it's gorgeous, and a great piece of history. And all that without breaking the bank! You're not going to impress a lot of other people though.

Last edited by Ron Engels; August 12th, 2007 at 13:39.
    scottjc and ShaggyDog like this.
    Ron.

Or, in simple terms, all that needs to be said has been said in WUS rule no. 6:

6 No discussions or pictures of replica watches, or links to replica watch sites unless CLEARLY intended as educational and with the approval of a moderator. In general, any posts that involves the discussion, encouragement, or solicitation of any kind of crime or criminal activity are prohibited.

On the other hand, there are several watches with legitimate Breitling heritage - see the article in the articles section.
    Last edited by Crusader; August 12th, 2007 at 17:08.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Don't get a fake. I don't think you will feel good wearing a fake. There are expensive replicas which look very real, but at the end of the day, it's still fake and for me, I can't find pleasure in that, regardless of the brand. There are many affordable brands that produce quality watches like Seiko, Tissot, Ball, Oris, Fortis, Sinn, Stowa, Zeno Watch Basel, Hamilton, Archimede, Tutima, etc.

You can find in fact some excellent fakes out there. These are made so amazingly well, that even a professionell couldn't tell the difference to the real thing. Some even have high quality Valjoux or ETA calibres inside.

But I would never - NEVER - consider buying one of them. I have more than 40 watches in my collection, reaching from cheap to expensive and vintage to new. All of them are original. Even the restored ones were built up using original parts.

For me a watch is more than just a case with a print on the dial. It's the result of extensive and admirable engineering as well as design work resulting in a special aura. It's simply disrespectful to ignore this heritage and buy a fake.

By the way: The best and most enduring way to impress people is by your own accomplishments. People who fall for something on your wrist (whatever it is) are a breed I don't need in my circle of friends.

Just my 2 cents.

Thread Information