Forum Rules Update

Thread: Forum Rules Update

Exclamation Forum Rules Update

Please note the update to the Pil-Mil Forum rules. All WUS fora now have the same set of rules:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=77

There is little change from the previous Pil-Mil Forum rules, except that the rules concerning pictures have been re-phrased. Please note that pictures of military hardware for documentary purposes continue to be permitted on Pil-Mil, while the gratuitous display of personally-owned handheld weapons is not, in keeping with the unified WUS picture-posting policy.

We feel that WUS will benefit from having a unified set of rules for all WUS watch fora, and that Pil-Mil will not suffer from the re-phrasing of the rules. We also hope that it will make posting and adhering to the rules easier for the members who need no longer keep in mind subtle rules differences between the various WUS fora.

You are kindly invited to re-acquint yourself with the rules, which will be strictly implemented by the moderators.

Thank you very much for your attention.
    Last edited by Crusader; June 5th, 2006 at 11:31.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Re: Forum Rules Update

Looks like you will have to change your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deryckb
    Looks like you will have to change your avatar
    Errr, this falls under "pictures of a documentary character", I believe. :-D
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really enjoy the WatchUSeek website. I visit many of the different fora, and I have learned a lot from everybody. I also recognize that this is a free resource, no memership fees, and that it is privately owned. It is not a democracy, and the owner can set any rules that he wishes. I repsect that.

I want to be a welcomed member, so I will comply with the rules. But a very dangerous and thin line is being tread here. Many things offend me, but I don't censure people's personal choices. The sword that the Knight carried was a personal weapon for sure and he risked everything that he believed in on that sword. I deal with weapons for a living, but I don't post pictures with personal weapons because I don't think that they add to the overall value.

Some people are pacifists and don't believe in war at any cost. Do I offend them because I am a soldier? Am I to be censured because of it? I offend a whole lot of folks in the Middle East and they even tried to kill me. This was not some movie on the TV, but reality for me.

Just food for thought.
    "Some people work for a living, me, I'd rather fly!"

TOT,

I think that the comment was made in pure jest. At least that is the way I perceived and think Martin did as well.

Todd

Hi Todd,

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having fun or making friendly jokes with each other. I think that most of us here are very resonable chaps. The guys here are very considerate of each other and all of that. Heck, that is why this is such a great place to exchange information.

I try not to focus on the negative stuff in life, but I am a different man after my experiences facing the kinds of people that will kill you because you are homosexual or believe in another religion. It is a very dangerous thing. And sadly, none of us can escape it anymore. Just ask the Canadians how they feel now.

No worries mates
    Last edited by TimeOnTarget; June 6th, 2006 at 03:14.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeOnTarget
    Hi Todd,

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having fun or making friendly jokes with each other. I think that most of us here are very resonable chaps. The guys here are very considerate of each other and all of that. Heck, that is why this is such a great place to exchange information.

I try not to focus on the negative stuff in life, but I am a different man after my experiences facing the kinds of people that will kill you because you are homosexual or believe in another religion. It is a very dangerous thing. And sadly, none of us can escape it anymore. Just ask the Canadians how they feel now.

No worries mates
    Brother, you don't have to tell me. I was a US ARMY combat heavy engineer. And if I remember correctly, still deployable for another year or so. But then when I think about it, once your in "the club" you heart stays in the club!

Todd

Amen Brother! They can always call you back and they do. I heard of a pilot who was completely retired who received call back orders from the FED EX guy while he was fishing off of his dock. The package inlcuded an airline ticket and everything. This guy was enjoying the good life and had already developed a well deserved beer belly when life became 6's and 7's.

Crazy world!

Thread Information