I would love to get some suggestions on a new watch. I currently wear a Citizen Nighthawk on a Nato strap as my daily watch and whilst I love it to bits (having a sliderule is unbelivably handy), I'm looking to pick up a more rugged watch for sailing, hiking, etc.
I love the resco or ball watches but they're very expensive, and I'm not too fond of the current casio g-shock designs even though I know they're built like tanks (my 10+ year old G-Shock still works just fine). I like the aesthetics of the Luminox models but having searched around the forums it seems they can be a bit hit-and-miss when it comes to quality.
Here are my requirments:
- Priced around the $200-250 mark.
- Materials - not overly concerned whether the watch is metallic or resin as long as it is tough and will take some abuse (especially when sailing).
- Good lume. Tritium would be nice but not essential.
- GMT/dual time-zone would be appreciated. I use GMT a lot at work and its handy not having to think about the conversion.
- 22mm lug width if possible just so I can use my existing straps.
Looking forward to getting some suggestions and thanks for your help.