Muhle Glashutte SAR rescue timer question

Thread: Muhle Glashutte SAR rescue timer question

Question Muhle Glashutte SAR rescue timer question

By the information I have, the SAR rescue timer by Muhle Glashutte is advertised as the official issued watch to SAR rescue of Coast Guard of Germany, as the Marathon SAR is issued to Canadian Coast Guard SAR.

The second (Marathon) reports the full issue markings on the caseback, but I've never seen any issued Muhle Glashutte SAR rescue timer with issueing markings on caseback, at the moment .
    I know that this is commonly available from many shops, dealers and retailers in the "civilian" version, but I've never seen anyone reporting any issueing marking, neither any picture of it.
    Do anyone have any picture of an issued Muhle SAR rescue timer and is it different in any particular from the civilian version? Are my information correct or are wrong?
    And, if the Muhle Glashutte SAR rescue timer issued exists, is it possible to buy it somewhere as per Marathon SAR, SAR-D and GSAR?

Thanks for any help about this topic.
    Ugo

"God does not play dices with the universe."
    (Albert Einstein)

Re: Muhle Glashutte SAR rescue timer question

Ugo, I have never seen an issued rescue timer.

Not sure whether "made for" actually equates "ordered by", too.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

To the best of my knowledge the watch used by the Coastgaurd is the same as the high street version,so no seperate issue numbers or markings,i of course always will bow to superiour knowledge.

IMHO the watch is a fine piece,from a solid company.

Martin
    Rolex ceramic sub
    Breitling B1
    Ennebi Fondale
    Sinn 903 "Cosmanaute"
    Bremont
    Breitling Blacksteel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys.
    I consider the SAR rescue timer by Muhle Glashutte one of the best diver on the market, actually... but I'm going crazy for military issued watches, so my question.
    Maybe after a SAR, a SAR-D and two GSARs I'll get this one also, but this year I still have 2 nice timepieces on the pipeline, so no chance for the immediate future.
    Maybe...
    Ugo

(Albert Einstein)

stuffler,mike

Afaik the MÜhle SAR never was officially issued to the "Deutsche Gesellschaft für Seenotrettung" but the watch wast tested by the crew-members of the SAR-vessels in 2003.
    I`ll post some interesting results of the test when I am back home.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; February 20th, 2007 at 17:45.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Afaik the MÜhle SAR never was officially issued to the "Deutsche Gesellschaft für Seenotrettung" but the watch wast tested by the crew-members of the SAR-vessels in 2003.
    I`ll post some interesting results of the test when I am back home.
    Back home, so here are the result:

The Mühle SAR Timer was tested by the crew members of 51 vessels. All test sheets haven been evaluated by the Mühle team.
    The maximum result of the test could have been 5100 points, the watch received 4263 point, which is a level of 83,5%.

Test categories have been: case, strap & clasp, dial, movement, wearing characteristics.
    The category "Case" for example had sub categories: crystal, screwed back, density.

And the results have been:

Case: 98, 4 points of 100

The subcategories crystal, screwed back and density fetched 99 points

Strap & clasp: 77,9 points

Main reason was that the test persons sized the rubber strap by themselves and most of them didn´t follow the principle they follow in real life: "May there always be (a few inches of) water beneath your keel." They sized it exactly to their wrist. The other reason was that the clasp wasn´t working very well, that´s why Mühle changed the clasp immediately.

Dial: 89,2 points

Movement: 87,3 points

Wearing: 81,5 points

Total result: 83,5 of 100 points

BTW: The Mühle SAR isn´t a military issued watch. The German Maritime Rescue Service doesn´t belong to Ministry of Defence, neither to the Ministry of Interior.
    From their web site:
    In March 1982 the Federal Minister of Transport officially entrusted the German Sea Rescue Service with the performance, on his behalf, of maritime search and rescue in accordance with regulation 15 of chapter V of the 1974 International Convention for the Safety of Human Life at Sea and the 1979 International Convention on Maritime Search and Rescue, both parties being aware that the DGzRS would continue to act as a private, independent and voluntary institution (i.e. without any governmental support), but especially with regard to the organisation, conduct and planning of SAR service would be subjected to the appropriate regulations of the SAR Convention. In the year 2005 the DGzRS received donations and contributions in the sum of approximately 16 Million EURO.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Back home, so here are the result:

The Mühle SAR Timer was tested by the crew members of 51 vessels. All test sheets haven been evaluated by the Mühle team.
    The maximum result of the test could have been 5100 points, the watch received 4263 point, which is a level of 83,5%.

Test categories have been: case, strap & clasp, dial, movement, wearing characteristics.
    The category "Case" for example had sub categories: crystal, screwed back, density.

And the results have been:

Case: 98, 4 points of 100

The subcategories crystal, screwed back and density fetched 99 points

Strap & clasp: 77,9 points

Main reason was that the test persons sized the rubber strap by themselves and most of them didn´t follow the principle they follow in real life: "May there always be (a few inches of) water beneath your keel." They sized it exactly to their wrist. The other reason was that the clasp wasn´t working very well, that´s why Mühle changed the clasp immediately.

Dial: 89,2 points

Movement: 87,3 points

Wearing: 81,5 points

Total result: 83,5 of 100 points

BTW: The Mühle SAR isn´t a military issued watch. The German Maritime Rescue Service doesn´t belong to Ministry of Defence, neither to the Ministry of Interior.
    From their web site:
    In March 1982 the Federal Minister of Transport officially entrusted the German Sea Rescue Service with the performance, on his behalf, of maritime search and rescue in accordance with regulation 15 of chapter V of the 1974 International Convention for the Safety of Human Life at Sea and the 1979 International Convention on Maritime Search and Rescue, both parties being aware that the DGzRS would continue to act as a private, independent and voluntary institution (i.e. without any governmental support), but especially with regard to the organisation, conduct and planning of SAR service would be subjected to the appropriate regulations of the SAR Convention. In the year 2005 the DGzRS received donations and contributions in the sum of approximately 16 Million EURO.

Mike!!!
    You are a living encyclopaedia for watches!!!! :gold
    You are surprising me anytime... :thanks really for your documentation about this great watch. One of the best divers available on market, in my modest opinion.
    Ugo

(Albert Einstein)

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by rouge View Post
    Mike!!!
    You are a living encyclopaedia for watches!!!! :gold
    You are surprising me anytime... :thanks really for your documentation about this great watch. One of the best divers available on market, in my modest opinion.
    Well, it´s not me. Two external hard discs, 80 GB each, are a lot of help, the only problem is to find what you are looking for. It´s like: I know precisely I downloaded it. But d.... where is it

I can understand you!!! The matter many times is not to get the information, but to manage the information storage....

Fortunately there are WuS forum moderators!!!
    Ugo

(Albert Einstein)

Thread Information