WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Pilot's chronograph picture thread.

687K views 5K replies 688 participants last post by  StufflerMike 
#1 ·
In the tradition of the venerable SkyChief, I want to create a photo thread of the great aviator chronos out there. Here's my Sinn 103 Testaf to kick things off. Help me out and post your favorite!

See less See more
#335 ·

For a moment, i thought that snow had fallen onto this tropical island where I am now...
DUH!!!

Then i realize that, that's the light reflected from the sun from my dial and the rain droplets on the window after the shower of rain!
Merry X'mas to all!

#340 ·
Well, sorta. I designed them using SolidWorks (3-D CAD software), but then sent the files to Shapeways, a 3-D printing company in New York. They use a lost wax process similar to that used by a jeweler: a 3-D wax printer makes the pattern, which they then used to cast a silver final product (they can also do gold, brass, bronze, stainless steel, etc.) I chose silver because it matches the stainless steel and can replicate the fine detail for the numbers better than the other metals.

There was a fair amount of post-cast filing to smooth out the casting, and of course I did the painting for the colors & lume.