Pilot's chronograph picture thread. - Page 7
Like Tree11582Likes

Thread: Pilot's chronograph picture thread.

Page 7 of 223 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Re: Pilot's chronograph picture thread.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2561
Size:  100.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Prices of older S-2C and S-2B models are close enough nowadays that you would have to have some real benefit to the B model - like a fresh engine or total rebuild - to choose a B over a C. The C supposedly lands easier (according to Bud Davisson - I didn't notice any real difference, personally); the C certainly rolls faster, and doesn't need spades to manage that; the C also has a better prop - plenty of torque and power, enough to lift you off the runway in < 10 seconds, and to need right rudder in a left climbing turn.

The S-1S is apparently a lot lighter on the controls, and a bit twitchier, though I've never flown one. You'd lose half the fun in owning the S-2C - taking other people for a ride - but save on the money. But if you can get a reasonable deal with the flight school, and IF they are good at marketing it, you can probably get a two-seater that will earn you enough to bring your costs down below S-1S sole ownership.

How much Pitts time have you got? When I got mine, Bill Finagin came and taught me and others to fly it - a hugely experienced Pitts pilot, and a really nice guy. If you do get one, I can recommend a trip to Annapolis, unless you've already got a bit of Pitts experience...
    I would definitely prefer an S2C. The prices seemed a lot further apart last I checked but I was probably comparing a newer C.

I actually have zero Pitts time. Finding one to get in locally has been impossible which is why I think getting one on the market to rent and give instruction in would work well. I have heard of Bill before and he was on my short list of instructors. Thanks for the recommedation! For myself, I have about 10,000 hours with about 1,000 dual given and about 5,000 jet between the BE-400 and HS-125.

LH2

Sinn 358...

Archimede Pilot Chrono...

Archimede | Damasko | Defakto | Fortis | Glycine | Hamilton | Junghans | Laco | Limes | Oris | Sinn | Stowa | Tutima

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pilot's chronograph picture thread.

IWC pilot chrono

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407700402.368970.jpg
Views: 2483
Size:  207.9 KB

Updated with better pic.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408730042.284577.jpg
Views: 2224
Size:  273.7 KB
    Last edited by Kluber; August 22nd, 2014 at 20:54.
    JFingers, asdf205, ninzeo and 14 others like this.

freight dog and Luisăo like this.

Bremont ALT1-P in blue! .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Szanto_1202_review-9.jpg 
Views:	2424 
Size:	283.8 KB 
ID:	1596083
    Archimede Pilot 42H, Chr.Ward C60 Trident Pro, Dan Henry 1964 GT, Hamilton Intra-Matic, Melbourne Flinders & Portsea, Orient Bambino, PerpetuaL R-01, Seiko's SRPC93 & SNE498, Szanto 1204, Traser H3 Classic Master, Vostok Amphibia, WUS F72 GMT.

Web: Crown & Rotor, IG: @crownandrotor FB: @crownandrotor

Name:  CIMG3727.JPG
Views: 2394
Size:  285.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by freight dog View Post
    I would definitely prefer an S2C. The prices seemed a lot further apart last I checked but I was probably comparing a newer C.

I actually have zero Pitts time. Finding one to get in locally has been impossible which is why I think getting one on the market to rent and give instruction in would work well. I have heard of Bill before and he was on my short list of instructors. Thanks for the recommedation! For myself, I have about 10,000 hours with about 1,000 dual given and about 5,000 jet between the BE-400 and HS-125.
    I only have a fraction of your time - around 500 hrs - but if you haven't much performance tailwheel experience it's worth getting the best instruction you can before tackling a Pitts. They're fantastic fun, but also a perfect example of "the flight isn't over until the aircraft is parked". I've had as much adrenalin, sweat and excitement out of 20 minutes circuits as out of a similar aerobatic session. To quote another airline pilot, with a lot of hours:

I realized that this aircraft would do EXACTLY what you told it to do.... But it would eat your lunch if you told it to do something wrong. It was the most honest aircraft I had ever flown, but if your input was wrong, you would pay the penalty...garbage in… garbage out. I was soaked in sweat when I got out of that Pitts. Ron didn't say much as he started cleaning off the leading edges of the wings with cleaner. I walked into the hangar in my soggy flight suit with my flight helmet hanging from my hand wondering if I was going to be able to make the grade. I didn’t feel like a 12,000 hour airline pilot…I felt like a student pilot.

And that's before you start getting to grips with inverted flat spins, and crossovers...all perfectly recoverable, but a bit of a surprise first time round....
    freight dog likes this.

Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer (this one in quartz, due to budget and piddly wrists, but a lovely watch, a reissue of a 1970s design produced for the RAF).

Name:  20140204-untitled-7.jpg
Views: 2317
Size:  171.4 KB

Name:  20140204-untitled-12.jpg
Views: 2304
Size:  160.7 KB

Page 7 of 223 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread Information