WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Thoughts on Glycine Combat 6, 36mm

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mreyman73 
#1 · (Edited)
I've recently come across the Glycine Combat 6, 36mm and am quite smitten by it. I have been looking for a cream color dialed watch and I like the looks of this example, but the hands get a bit lost for me against the dial (image from Iguanasell).
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Anyone know of any comparable cream dial field watches out there witn a similar size and quality besides the Stowa Partitio, which I am also considering? I also like this Glycine in particular because of the indices instead of numerals.

I do like the black and even the blue dial versions, and would really like to add something other than a black dial watch.

Edit: I'd like to stay in the $500 - $800 range.

Any feedback welcome. Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the look of both the 36mm Combat 6 & the Partitio, so I'm definitely interested to see what replies you get here.

I think the Archimede Outdoor with the white, full lume dial has a similar vibe in a 39mm case. If I'm not mistaken, used is the only option for one of those now.

#4 ·
I love Stowa, so the Partitio is definitely on the list. I've wanted to like Archimede, and if I owned one, I probably would. The Outdoor Protect is a nice watch, but I'm not a fan of the squared off hands. Still considering it though. Looks like it's still available on their website.

I would like a field-style watch with no numerals, indices only -- I think!

Thanks for chiming in.

#5 ·
Nice looking watch. Have had my eye on and off the SARG lineup for a while, and I like the hands on the Alpinist a lot. I'm not sure I really care for the dual crown/rotating bezel. It's a bit overwrought for what I want for this watch. Thanks for the input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.