Traser P6500

Thread: Traser P6500

Traser P6500

I just bought a Traser P6500 model from lapolicegear.com and was wondering about the water resistance on this watch. Their ad says that this is the jeep of army watches, which to me means that you can put it through hell and it will keep going (although that wasn't my experience with a Cherokee I owned), so my question is: can I wash the watch under running water without worry? Can I swim with it? I don't dive but I like to know that it will be ok if it gets muddy and dirty and I can wash it off, shower with it, soak it in a glass of water if I please, basically treat it like an army jeep. I wouldn't worry about doing these things if it was rated 200 meters, like its cousin the Luminox, but the P6500 is rated to 30 meters, although it looks like the same case as the Luminox navy seal. I like the Traser dial and name better than Luminox though, so I sold the Luminox I had for 2 days and bought the Traser. Can anyone tell me about their experiences with the P6500? Thanks in advance.

Re: Traser P6500

I have worn a P6500 for three years now.

The watch has been pressure tested to 10 bar and passed with flying colors. I think the 30-meter-rating is a result of leaving some additional features (like the 200m-rating) for the more expensive steel and titanium models.

I am not worried about the water resistance of my watch, but then again, it seems to lead a less exerting life than yours.

BTW, here's a piccie of the P6500 fresh from yesterday's photoshooting:

Last edited by Crusader; October 30th, 2006 at 11:54.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

The Traser P6500 is a fantastic watch and a much better watch than the current issue Marathon Navigator, in my opinion. The P6500 is made by the same Swiss firm (mb-microtec) that made the original Stocker & Yale P650 to MIL-W-46374 F specifications, which required water resistance to 30 metres. It's one of my personal favourite watches and it's tritium illumination is the best. I haven't gone swimming with the P6500 personally, but I've had dirt and water splashed all over it on several occasions and it works just fine. Here's a shot of mine on a Maratac Zulu strap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys, I have no doubt it's a great watch, and as soon as I saw it here, I knew I had to have one. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those watches I never sell, which is rare.

Thread Information