Victorinox Airboss Mach 4 mfg#24044 Questions
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Victorinox Airboss Mach 4 mfg#24044 Questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused Victorinox Airboss Mach 4 mfg#24044 Questions

Hello,

I am thinking about purchasing one of these watches and I was hoping that someone had this watch and could post comments and photos. I don't know too much about the watch other than the specs. I would like to see someone post a pic of this watch with an Casio awm-320 or an Seiko skx-173. I have this Casio and Seiko and would like to see the two side by side for size comparisons.

Thanks to all who help me with this. Dale:thanks

Re: Victorinox Airboss Mach 4 mfg#24044 Questions

Does anyone have this watch? I am starting to wonder! I am thinking maybe purchasing this watch is a bad idea. Hope to get some responses soon. Dale

heb

Hello,

I don't have the watch, nor do I know the other watches you reference. However, I have seen it in person and I do like it; the rotatible "diver" bezel is a useful additional feature. Unless you have 10" diameter wrists, it will probably be big enough for you.

The one deal killer for me would be the "00" position on the seconds subdial. I've been programmed to consider the "00" position @ the straight up 12 o'clock position for too long to change
    now.

Swiss Army has been producing quality, good looking watches for a long time.

Good luck with your choice,

heb

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey, Thanks for the response. I have heard a lot of good things about Victorinox watches and this one struck my eye and I was hoping that others on the forum had the same watch. I am still wishing to hear from those who own the watch and would like to share some of their personal comments and photos.

Thanks again, Dale

If you are looking for a sporty, manual winding watch with an internal bezel, this one cannot be beaten!! Some Victorinox watches are real sleepers, in that they offer amazing value for money. I own this one as well as all three manual winding Ambassadors XL's, the Clous de Paris manual winding with silver dial and the Automatic Ambassador Chrono Clous de Paris with Black dial. One of the reasons the Mach 4 is special is that this watch features the rare, hard to find 6498-2 as opposed to the more common 6498-1. The main differences are higher beat rate, usually offering better accuracy, longer power reserve of 56 hours compared to around 40 hours, and a flared spoke balance wheel. The Mach 4 has got this movement--all you need to do is listen to the faster ticking rate next to another handwinder! This and the Ambassadors are also rated for 100m water resistance which to me makes a difference as to whether I get it wet or not!

Here is a cheap and cheerful wrist shot...this is the older model. The newer one has a beveled bezel and a slightly different look to the dial, but is essentially the same under the hood.

BTW, I would not have a moment's hesitation in recommending this one!!

To echo what SydneyDan said, you can't go wrong with that watch. I haven't owned the Mach 4, but have owned 8 or 9 of the handwind Ambassador XL's (I keep buying and selling them as they are too big for my wrist, but I LOVE the watch) along with a couple of Ambassador XL Chronographs (same problem), Airboss Mach 6 Chronographs (Jeesh, I wish I had bigger wrists!!) and the Chrono Classic XLS MT(using the same movement as the Breitling Aerospace for 1/10 of the price) and they are fantastic watches. Probably one of the best bang for buck watches out there. They would sell for 8 times the current MSRP if it had a big brand name on the dial.

Hey guys. Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's input on this post, it helped me decide to purchase this watch and I could not be happier.

Moderator German Watches Forum

Hello,

Welcome to watchuseek, and congratulations on your new watch.
    Feel free to share some photos with us.

Thanks,
    rationaltime

Name:  mach 4 2.jpg
Views: 8933
Size:  79.3 KBName:  Mach 4.JPG
Views: 9091
Size:  169.7 KB

First time posting a pic...lets hope it works...Cheers.
    Last edited by Pumpkin; December 5th, 2010 at 16:56.
    Original likes this.

NICE!!! Looking forward to my new purchase and guess what it is???? Yup!!! You Got it right!!! I'm stoked!!!

Rolex Milgauss Black Dial
    Omega SMP Co-Axial Black
    Bond
    Omega SMP Quartz Blue Bond
    Breitling Superocean Steelfish XL Cream Dial
    Lum-Tec V1

Say what you like about my bloody murderous government,' I says, 'but don't insult me poor bleedin' country.
    Edward Abbey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information