[Identify] Accutron x Tiffany & Co.
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: [Identify] Accutron x Tiffany & Co.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

[Identify] Accutron x Tiffany & Co.

EDIT: WATCH HAS BEEN DEEMED A FAKE BY SEVERAL VINTAGE WATCH COLLECTORS. I purchased the watch like this and sincerely did not mean to mislead anyone.

Does anyone have any information about this piece? Included are a few photos of it. Can provide additional photos upon request. I came across it today kind of by mistake - I had never seen a watch branded with Tiffany & Co. before, and I'm not sure if that has any significance. Name:  IMG_5507.jpeg
Views: 49
Size:  1.80 MBName:  IMG_5502.jpeg
Views: 48
Size:  1.65 MB

Also - here's a video of the tuning fork in action: https://imgur.com/a/D9GQg6p

Thank you!
    Last edited by daaaabear; 3 Weeks Ago at 18:01. Reason: Watch has been deemed a fake
    bsshog40, fish70 and brandon\ like this.

Re: [Identify] Accutron x Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany has nothing to do with the actual making of most of their "name branded" products. They pay the manufacture a fee to have their name put on the product usually under a marketing agreement. It's still a Bulova...
    A friend is truly a prize indeed, others not so much. So if I lead you believe you're in the latter, please read........
    http://markmanson.net/internet

Quote Originally Posted by simpletreasures View Post
    Tiffany has nothing to do with the actual making of most of their "name branded" products. They pay the manufacture a fee to have their name put on the product usually under a marketing agreement. It's still a Bulova...
    Is Tiffany still doing this with Bulova? Does having their name on the watch make it any more rare?

Thank you for the response!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My initial reaction is no, as the watch you show was made in the 60's. I haven't heard of anything new from Bulova and Tiffany. The watch is 18K solid gold (deceptive) as the locking ring is stainless.

Oh and by the way, Tiffany likes to believe that adding their name to anything increases its value.
    daaaabear likes this.
    A friend is truly a prize indeed, others not so much. So if I lead you believe you're in the latter, please read........

Quote Originally Posted by simpletreasures View Post
    My initial reaction is no, as the watch you show was made in the 60's. I haven't heard of anything new from Bulova and Tiffany. The watch is 18K solid gold (deceptive) as the locking ring is stainless.

Oh and by the way, Tiffany likes to believe that adding their name to anything increases its value.
    I'm not too concerned with the value of the watch. Maybe I'm just a crazy collector, but I like the idea of owning something that's more unique/more difficult to find. My grandfather had a 14K gold tuning fork, and when I saw this it I recognized it instantly. I had just never heard of Tiffany putting their name on a watch. When I googled the watch, I didn't find many results, so I was afraid that it may not be legitimate.
    Last edited by daaaabear; 4 Weeks Ago at 00:35.

I'm sure it's legit as well as unique. Depending on the asking price, it's your decision as to "ownership" but rest assured, not everyone will have one!
    daaaabear likes this.

Thanks for the input! It's a neat little piece, I'm excited to have it!

Dude that watch is kind of special. Tiffany has a long history (longer than Rolex or Omega) with fine watches including making their own, including the first american made stopwatch. They are back making their own watches of their own design using really nice automatic movements, and I think they still have that long relationship with Patek Phillipe and Tiffany on the dial watches.

So you should be happy to know your Bulova watch with Tiffany on the dial is in the same company as Omega and Patek Phillipe, who also have or had Tiffany dialed watches. If that's not good enough those Bulova/Tiffany watches were never cheap and still seem to command a decent price on the resale market.

Nice find of a good looking watch.
    daaaabear likes this.

That model gets more interesting. Former president LBJ used to gice them out as gifts to close friends and political allies. Your watch is also in remarkable condition compared to the ones pulling pretty big numbers at auction. It also came in 14k and 18k gold varieties obviously 18 the more expensive model.

Can't tell if that is a M5 or 6, but that would mean it is either 1965 or 66.

All in all great find.

Can't add anymore than what everyone else has except, nice looking watch!
    Bobby - My original music! Check me out! Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...11CC8CC6093D80

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information