Bulova Computron 2019 In The Flesh. - Page 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Bulova Computron 2019 In The Flesh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    92T

Re: Bulova Computron 2019 In The Flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by tayloreuph View Post
    Honestly, how often do you check it? I’m betting more than 15 sec. a day...
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely more than that, I'm guessing it might last a year. Luckily the battery should be easy to change. I will just buy a bulk pack.

Congrats! Enjoy it!

Wichita Viajero

Omega Seamaster 300 Professional 2055.80 (Electric Blue)
    Tag Heuer Aqua Racer WAY1112
    Bulova Accu Swiss 63B185
    Orient Star Open heart
    Citizen Titanium Skyhawk Eco Drive JR3060-59F flight Chronograph
    Seiko a738 Chronograph
    Citizen Ana DIgi Temp Watch JG 2002-53W Gold Finish
    Hamilton Khaki Mechanical
    Tissot PR100
    Citizen Q&Q two tone watch
    Bulova corporate executive
    Timex Expedition

I played with this watch today at the local Macys. It has a bit of a heft to it and looks/feels well made. The buttons don't feel like they are going to fall out with use.

However the shiny stainless steel makes it look cheap and gaudy. I would imagination it is channeling the 1970's bling but is a bit much(with a little light shining on the watch, you could guide airplanes down a runway).
    Last edited by journeyforce; 2 Weeks Ago at 21:22. Reason: Spelling Error
    tmathes likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    I played with this watch today at the local Macys. It has a bit of a heft to it and looks/feels well made. The buttons don't feel like they are going to fall out with use.

However the shiny stainless steel makes it look cheap and gaudy. I would imagination it is channeling the 1970's bling but is a bit much (with a little light shining on the watch, you could guide airplanes down a runway.
    and in a pinch the top of the case can be used as a potato masher too!

I just received my Bulova Computron Limited Edition 96C139, and it's a fun, unique, and quirky watch. I wish it had an automatic illumination feature, but it's not a dealbreaker. It was a little more than $200 after cashback and California sales tax, and I feel it's a excellent value for a watch with such a richly retro-futuristic vibe.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Mleok, in person are the unlit LEDs as visible as in pictures? I've noticed in the press releases and the few reviews of the watch you couldn't see the unlit LED segments in the red displays but they're quite pronounced in the blue displays. The blue LEDs also appear to be very bright too compared to the red LEDs.

Quote Originally Posted by tmathes View Post
    Mleok, in person are the unlit LEDs as visible as in pictures? I've noticed in the press releases and the few reviews of the watch you couldn't see the unlit LED segments in the red displays but they're quite pronounced in the blue displays. The blue LEDs also appear to be very bright too compared to the red LEDs.
    The level of brightness is less pronounced in real life, and while you can see the unlit LED segments, they're less noticeable in real life as well.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    I just received my Bulova Computron Limited Edition 96C139, and it's a fun, unique, and quirky watch. I wish it had an automatic illumination feature, but it's not a dealbreaker. It was a little more than $200 after cashback and California sales tax, and I feel it's a excellent value for a watch with such a richly retro-futuristic vibe.
    Agreed on the value proposition. I got the same model & the blue LEDs are a nice change from the red ones on my vintage Pulsar P2s. I would love to see light green LEDs as another throwback option as I can remember seeing those on electronic calculators in the early '70s.
    ------------------------------------

(Almost) every watch a tool watch.

I received the black version today as well as a blue/polished which I haven't sized yet. So far so good, I like it, it definitely is more stealthy than the polished blue, build quality is very nice and the rubber strap doesn't disappoint. Now, if I can resist the gold which will be hard to do, my earliest memories of any watch that stood out to me was what I believe to be a gold Bulova digital with red display, that would have been around 77' or 78' so the timeline fits.

Name:  IMG_20190614_161549010.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  2.31 MB

Name:  IMG_20190614_161554588.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  3.31 MB
    mleok likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information