Bulova Computron 2019 In The Flesh.
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Bulova Computron 2019 In The Flesh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    92T

Bulova Computron 2019 In The Flesh.

I'd only really heard of Bulova in my watching of watches via the old story about the Accutron Spaceview; which I really wanted one of due to its history and cool factor. Other than that, I never really cared and loved on my Japanese watches until someone told me about the re-release of the Computron.

Being a child of the 80's this thing immediately spoke to me in design... and what can I say...had to have it.

That said: the 2019 Computron 96C139:

Name:  IMG_20190522_181947~2.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  419.6 KB

Nice Boxing, There is no manual but a warranty card which directs you to Bulova.com for the operation manual.

Name:  IMG_20190522_182239~3.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  466.8 KB

The digital movement and wrist band is "made in China" due to typical modern American ways, but hey still comes with a three-year warranty.

Name:  IMG_20190522_224544_1~2.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  1.04 MB

Took four links out in total to fit the wrist. One on the back side of the clasp and three on the front. Fits great. The band does not use screw driven pins, but friction pins. The overall feel of the band is very similar to the Seiko 5 band in the pic, just a little more solid.

Name:  IMG_20190522_230657~2.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  352.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190522_230654~2.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  395.6 KB

The links are not double-hinged as it appears they might be. The angle of the links do protrude on the curve of the wrist, but the band is still very comfortable. I think the angles of the band and the case shape might become problematic if brushed against some surfaces as they are not as smooth as some metal bands, but so far I cant complain. After all it was the 70's.

Name:  IMG_20190522_230710_2~2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  469.3 KB

The facets of the case and the blue mineral glass are just awesome. The light reflected through the glass onto the inner-case really makes it pop even in standby.

Push the "what time is it button" on the right side of the case and damn... you are taken back in time.

Name:  IMG_20190522_230722~3.jpg
Size:  545.1 KB

The overall polish of band and case is very nice. The watch feels much lighter than other full metal high-chromium steel models, but you can tell the steel is very resistant. I did a magnet test to the band and there was no-draw from the magnet.

The pic does not do it justice. This thing GLOWS. Like that of a 70's billboard. The camera shows it as washed out white behind blue, but in reality it is quite blue. LCD blue. Night King Blue.

Name:  IMG_20190522_225805.jpg
Size:  453.9 KB

Here is a size comparison to a few other objects. Great fit for my alien hands/wrist. Forgive the lack of sync to my other watches. Anyhow....in the end I grabbed it via Macy's for 237$ on an impulse. And I have to say....no regrets. More to come as I wear this cool bit if historic homage. Hit me up if you wanna see anything specific.

-Cheerz - 92T
    Last edited by 92T; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:41.

Re: Bulova Computron 2019 In The Flesh.

Hi 92T,

Thank you, very much for sharing your Computron with us, nice presentation and congratulations!!!

Please, can you tell us more about the functions of your Computron.

Thank you, very much again.

Best regards.

heb

I think Bulova will sell a lot of these novelty items. I love the battery hatch feature. Probably have to access it a lot during the life of the watch.

Nice purchase.

heb

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Groovy, man! I actually like the silver one a lot. Too bad that box wasn't lined with shagg carpet....
    tvterry1 and tmathes like this.

92T

Quote Originally Posted by espiga View Post
    Hi 92T,
    Please, can you tell us more about the functions of your Computron.
    Thank you, very much again.
    Best regards.
    Hello ser Espiga, Glad you enjoyed. The left side is known as the (A-key) and the right side is known as the (B-key). The left side does require an object other than one's finger and the right side is normal push-button. To best explain rather than re-creating each action, see this link:

https://embed.widencdn.net/pdf/plus/...l.pdf?u=lj6yuo

92T

Quote Originally Posted by heb View Post
    I think Bulova will sell a lot of these novelty items. I love the battery hatch feature. Probably have to access it a lot during the life of the watch.
    Nice purchase.

heb
    I concur, I can not see this watch lasting very long if used very frequently as the LED's are hella-bright. The MFG notes: "Battery life is calculated according to LED illumination of 5
    times a day and 3 seconds per time, for a total of 15 seconds per day), this applies to it lasting 24 months (two years). We shall see. I definitely plan on buying a five-pack of batteries to begin with.

Very cool. I bet you get asked a ton more questions about that watch versus a diamond encrusted Rolex. Have fun with it!
    92T and tvterry1 like this.
    Al

Current:
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Damasko DS30Y
    Longines Hydroconquest 41
    Smiths PRS-25 (40 mm)
    Accutron Silver Eagle Chrono
    Squale 1521
    Seiko 7n36

92T

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpaste View Post
    Groovy, man! I actually like the silver one a lot. Too bad that box wasn't lined with shagg carpet....
    For sure, the box is like that of an Invicta or Seiko. I was expecting maybe some 70's fonts, but Bulova went same as modern. The latches are magnetic and it presents itself well, but definitely not a 350$ box as retail says.

I saw this watch on a "coming soon" placard at Macy's a few weeks ago.... I thought it was billed as an "exclusive to Macy's". Anyway, it caught my fancy for a few minutes, and I had just bought a Curv and it made me reconsider and start plotting a watch return. However, then my rational mind kicked in and said "too big/too odd" (I have enough odd watches already). I just couldn't get over the big silver box. Part of me thinks its very cool, though. Enjoy.

Honestly, how often do you check it? I’m betting more than 15 sec. a day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information