Bulova Curacao - the best Bulova ever. Change my mind.
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bulova Curacao - the best Bulova ever. Change my mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bulova Curacao - the best Bulova ever. Change my mind.

This is the best Bulova ever made. Easily the most pretty watch I have, and gets more compliments than anything else I own. Non-watch people notice it, and watch people ask what it is. And I don't understand how it doesn't get more attention in general, as it's a stunning piece and the pinnacle of Bulova's watch design. Change my mind.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Re: Bulova Curacao - the best Bulova ever. Change my mind.

its not orange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That watch definitely has awesome presence. Change your mind? Sure, I'll recommend any of the Precisionist chronographs that have the crazy 1/10-1/100-1/1000th flying hands. It's such a cool sight to see.
    Benjamin Barrera likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tayloreuph View Post

its not orange

Funny enough, that is probably my no 2 or 3 watch from bulova (along with the 2 tone calibrator on a black leather strap)! It's easily the best new heritage design to come from Bulova and a total stunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper98912 View Post
    That watch definitely has awesome presence. Change your mind? Sure, I'll recommend any of the Precisionist chronographs that have the crazy 1/10-1/100-1/1000th flying hands. It's such a cool sight to see.
    Agreed that they are nice, but I find most simply too large and high sitting on my wrist though!

Quote Originally Posted by CanRep View Post
    Funny enough, that is probably my no 2 or 3 watch from bulova (along with the 2 tone calibrator on a black leather strap)! It's easily the best new heritage design to come from Bulova and a total stunner.

There’s a difference between this and the black dial 666. The orange dial is 40 MM versus the black dial at 42 or 44 MM which is way too large for what the watch actually is. The orange dial is what the original is from 1971.

You asked

Three things:
    1. I cannot abide by Bulova watches that sport the Accutron tuning fork symbol, unless they are actually powered by tuning fork movements. My only "wiggle room" for this was the Accutron II timepieces they recently had. Precisionist pieces I'll allow also. If they ever produce and release commercially the "turbine" movement seen at Baselworld, I can live with that also since it goes along with the "Accutron" (Accuracy through Electronics) theme. A mechanical watch with the tuning fork symbol - no.

2. I'm not much of a fan of watches that cannot take easy to acquire replacement straps. The design of the case and lugs of the piece you like forces you to into a certain style of strap, and limits choices.

3. I don't like the asymmetric dial the watch has. It's lopsided in design. The semi-circle at the 3 o'clock just doesn't do it for me. To each their own.

...but you asked

Eric
    Le temps est un grand maître, dit-on; le malheur est qu'il soit un maître inhumain qui tue ses élèves.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. ~Louis Hector Berlioz

delete accidental double post..
    Le temps est un grand maître, dit-on; le malheur est qu'il soit un maître inhumain qui tue ses élèves.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. ~Louis Hector Berlioz

I’m not sure I can ...... that is mighty fine!

I didn’t realize that the model had changed so much. Here is mine (rather older) ..... sapphire, quartz, screw down crown, 200M and a super comfortable strap. Look rather Brietling(esque) to my eye. I should do a bit of research on how the model name has been used over the years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Proliant; 2 Weeks Ago at 15:10.

tayloreuph and wovivi01 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information