Bulova's Service Department
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bulova's Service Department

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bulova's Service Department

Anyone have experience sending their watch out in the USA to Bulova's service department?

I just put the address on their website into streetview and it's a worryingly well disguised workshop.

Thanks for any input, this just feels a little sketchy all of the sudden and it's a very sentimental piece for me.

Name:  DSC02747 smaller.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  145.1 KB

Re: Bulova's Service Department

Samantha who is the forum moderator here is a good person to ask as she is a retired service center repair employee....
    https://mb.nawcc.org/threads/westfield-watch-company.109201/

Quote Originally Posted by odd_and_vintage_fan View Post
    Anyone have experience sending their watch out in the USA to Bulova's service department?

I just put the address on their website into streetview and it's a worryingly well disguised workshop.

Thanks for any input, this just feels a little sketchy all of the sudden and it's a very sentimental piece for me.

Name:  DSC02747 smaller.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  145.1 KB
    Haha, I thought the same thing before I sent one of mine. I sent my Lobster to them for a loose inner bezel. Came back perfect. You can even call them up and talk to a real person that is very helpful, and happened to be a long time Bulova employee. (She make an offhand comment about something or other that had changed after they became part of Citizen) I had a great experience with the process. I know what you mean though, I was skeptical at first when I looked up the address. I even called them first and discussed what I needed done and the whole process of sending it to them just to be sure. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again if need be.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FL410 View Post
    Haha, I thought the same thing before I sent one of mine. I sent my Lobster to them for a loose inner bezel. Came back perfect. You can even call them up and talk to a real person that is very helpful, and happened to be a long time Bulova employee. (She make an offhand comment about something or other that had changed after they became part of Citizen) I had a great experience with the process. I know what you mean though, I was skeptical at first when I looked up the address. I even called them first and discussed what I needed done and the whole process of sending it to them just to be sure. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again if need be.
    Thanks for that! The battery died and the back is on so tight that I can't get it to budge. I'll let their service center deal with it as they'll at least have to tools to fix any disaster from getting it open.

I have the form and was in contact with their service department online, but that address looked so sketch.

heb

About a year ago, I sent them a cheap quartz watch that did not work upon arrival. A month or so later I got a package from the Philippines with a new watch....that worked! So I ended up happy.

heb

I’ve used them for service on a couple watches, my wife’s ceramic watch had the crystal implode twice, and they sorted it both times. I had the back crystal blow up on a display caseback that they fixed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my knowledge, the Service center(s) have usually been low key. Ours was - other than an old sign, you wouldn't even know it was there and the building looked more like an office building.
    Samantha

What makes your wives watch crystals "implode"?

Quote Originally Posted by tayloreuph View Post
    I’ve used them for service on a couple watches, my wife’s ceramic watch had the crystal implode twice, and they sorted it both times. I had the back crystal blow up on a display caseback that they fixed as well.

Lee Rappeport

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE, Seiko SUN045 50th Anniversary Kinetic.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko SBBN035 TUNA, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

Well, it's off and in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPER79 View Post
    What makes your wives watch crystals "implode"?
    No clue. I didn’t see it happen, a crack developed, and the the center of the crystal popped in, rather than out. You could see the edges of the break, which was circular, we’re larger on the inner side of the crystal rather than the outer. It’s a pressure fit, and possibly cranked too hard? I dunno, but they replaced both no questions asked. I did buy a damaged one, (busted crystal, natch) to have a replacement part source in case any damage to the case occurs.
    She loves it. Loves her Apple Watch more, but still

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information