New crystal for Bulova Accutron 2 Snorkel diver
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By itsmemuffins

Thread: New crystal for Bulova Accutron 2 Snorkel diver

New crystal for Bulova Accutron 2 Snorkel diver

I really love the feel of this watch and it manages to creep onto my wrist about the most of all I have; comfortable.

BUT one huge drawback is the crystal----mine seems smoky white, not transparent, when viewed at an angle.

Anyone swap out the original part for sapphire, or at least something clear?

Re: New crystal for Bulova Accutron 2 Snorkel diver

Sounds like residue left on the inside of the case. It can be opened up and cleaned out fairly easily. I have cleaned many over the years.
    Thank you, I'm flattered, but, please don't click any "Likes" for me (unless there's a prize for "most likes")?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.B. View Post
    Sounds like residue left on the inside of the case. It can be opened up and cleaned out fairly easily. I have cleaned many over the years.

Thanks. I didn't know that could happen. What did you use to clean? isopropyl alcohol?

I'm assuming this might be easy to do: open the back, slide out movement, clean inside crystal. . . is that the method?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pretty much. Open, remove stem, then movement. I use C44 lens cleaner and a kimtech lens paper and toothpicks to make mops both wet and dry. I clean it twice and blow it out. I get good results. Take your time and be thorough. Sometimes, the clarity will surprise you.
    Thank you, I'm flattered, but, please don't click any "Likes" for me (unless there's a prize for "most likes")?

mine has that cloudy on the inside look to it as well, not very apparent in the photo but it's there and noticable in person

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

All my 6 Bulova accutron ii and precisionist have had that. I just took out the move ya don’t cleaned it with a lint free microfibre cloth.
    Siwash likes this.

Ho! Ho!

This is one fix that REALLY worked! I undid the watch and cleaned the crystal and BINGO! It's like another watch entirely to me! Fantastic.

Thread Information