Question regarding the rubber strap of the Bulova Curv watches
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tmathes

Thread: Question regarding the rubber strap of the Bulova Curv watches

Question regarding the rubber strap of the Bulova Curv watches

Today I tried on some Bulova watches. I liked the Curv models, but I am a bit worried about the rubber strap. I had a couple of rubber straps break from too much wrist time and rubber deteriorates over time. The saleslady said, I could easily replace the rubber strap with a leather strap or even a bracelet, just unscrew it and replace it, but is that true? It didn't look like a normal mechanism to me.
    Last edited by Sakaro; 4 Weeks Ago at 22:06.

Re: Question regarding the rubber strap of the Bulova Curv watches

Quote Originally Posted by Sakaro View Post
    Today I tried on some Bulova watches. I liked the Curv models, but I am a bit worried about the rubber strap. I had a couple of rubber straps break from too much wrist time and rubber deteriorates over time. The saleslady said, I could easily replace the rubber strap with a leather strap or even a bracelet, just unscrew it and replace it, but is that true? It didn't look like a normal mechanism to me.
    From what I saw when I was looking at one a year ago it's what I call a "trick strap", aka, you have to use the strap type that came with it purchased directly from the manufacturer. I can't see any strap just popping in there, you'd have to modify it and it wouldn't be easy, the strap end is too thick and the width might not match. You'll have to source this one from Bulova directly.

I'm hyper sensitive to this since I had a watch years ago with said strap and the mfr. quit selling it. I had to get rid of the watch, swore to myself I'd never buy a watch with a proprietary attach design for the strap ever again. She was full of it or else knew nothing about watches, my wager is mostly the second. If she's so sure of it go back and ask her to demonstrate how you'd get a strap in there. She won't be able to.

There are other Curv models, go with one of those or go for the bracelet version of this watch. I for one wouldn't go near this model just due to the strap connect design.
    Sakaro likes this.

Re: Question regarding the rubber strap of the Bulova Curv watches

If I bought one of the watches I'd buy a 40,5 mm, because the 44 mm watches are too big for me, There is no version in 40,5 mm with a bracelet. If the watch is junk when the strap needs to be replaced, I won't consider the watch. Rubber straps break eventually, it's rubber. If the watch has planned obsolescence built in, then we can also buy an apple watch....

Thread Information